Senior Gameplay Engineer
Bellevue, WA, United States
2 months ago
Do you love both games and code? Do you enjoy collaborating closely with creative talent?
As a gameplay engineer at Unity, you will work on productions to drive forward the development of cutting edge features and workflows making it easier for creators to design new worlds, gameplay, and characters. You will learn our engine’s capabilities, then help us expand them by building compelling gameplay that showcases the best way to use new features and pipelines so other Unity users can easily craft incredible visual experiences. You will work closely with Unity developers to really push the boundaries of what is possible in Unity. You will implement new Unity features, or optimize current features in conjunction with our development team. You will be involved in prototyping new game mechanics, architecting new gameplay systems, researching game technology and workflows - whatever it takes to create amazing game experiences. Most importantly, you will work with an exciting and high-energy team and use the best and most technologically-impressive real-time experiences and games in the world.
Experience the excitement of Unity real-time graphics by exploring samples from our projects from the Heretic , Reality versus Illusion , Sherman , the Book of the Dead , the Spaceship Demo , Adam: Episode 1 , Episode 2 and Episode 3 , the Automotive Reveal , The Big Hero 6 series ( Baymax Dreams of Too Many Baymaxes , Baymax Dreams of Bed Bugs , Baymax Dreams of Evil Sheep ), and the Megacity Demo , as well as the Neon demo, and many many more.
You can also learn about the latest in Unity Graphics from our keynotes from GDC 2019 , E3 2019 , Unite LA 2018 , Unite Berlin 2018 , GDC 2018 , Real or rendered? Real-time ray tracing , Introduction to the Universal Render Pipeline , Creating your own shaders with Shader Graph , Fast particle rendering with VFX Graph , and so much more!
Stay tuned for even more amazing graphics coming in the near future!
- Work directly with engineers, artists, and designers to create fun gameplay that feels good
- Own integrating the full stack of Unity technologies to enable the development of new productions
- Write software within a diverse set of systems: weapons sandbox, player controls, UI, online services, player progression, etc, on as needed per-project basis
- Collaborate with a cross-disciplinary team to build amazing new gameplay showcases
- With full autonomy, design and build new technologies, systems, and gameplay
- Build efficient and creative solutions in the Unity framework to make purpose built productions to show the best of what can be accomplished with Unity for scalable platforms
- Be responsible for keeping productions optimized for performance, memory usage, and CPU/GPU utilization, both for mobile scenarios and for PC/console
- Professional programming experience
- Development experience in Unity
- Proficient in C#, C/C++ is also a bonus
- Solid 3D math skills
- Familiarity with the core systems used by game features such as scripting, UI, rendering, animation, physics, and data pipelines
- Experience working on networked gameplay
- Mobile development experience
- Strong math background (trigonometry, linear algebra, calculus, etc.)
- Have shipped 2 or more AAA titles
- Shipping advanced mobile titles
- Console experience (XB1/PS4 preferred)
- Experience with game engines and middleware (e.g. Havok, Unreal, Playfab, Gamesparks)
- Experience writing a simulation (physics, traffic, molecular, etc.)
- Passion for pushing new technology and hardware to the limits
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.