Senior Gameplay Engineer
1 year ago
Do you appreciate both games and code? Would you enjoy collaborating closely with creative talent? Would you like to work on daring worlds that bring people together, sitting next to inspirational industry talent, at a company that values diversity and is invested in creating an inclusive workplace for every employee, while also maintaining a good work-life balance?
As a Senior Gameplay Engineer, you will empower designers to create unique player experiences. You will build gameplay systems and tools that make worlds spring to life. Most importantly, you will work with a fun and dedicated team invested in making Destiny one of the best games in the world.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA/CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA or WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA or WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Build and maintain production-quality C++ code
- Collaborate daily with a cross-disciplinary team to build, extend, and maintain technology
- An experienced professional as an engineer in C++ game development
- Experience with distributed networked real-time action gameplay
- Well-rounded math background (trigonometry, linear algebra, calculus, etc...)
- Ability to effectively communicate across disciplines (verbal and written)
- Experience with performance profiling and optimization
- Knowledge of C#