Senior Gameplay Engineer (Unity)
21 days ago
As a Senior Gameplay Engineer, you will work with and mentor a tight-knit team authoring game features, tools, systems, services, and pipelines which empower our content creators to realize the vision of our games and your fellow engineers to level up and grow. You will work with engineers and producers to tackle the most difficult technical challenges our projects face. You will bring together wisdom, creativity, and technical mastery to make the impossible possible. You will help create a studio culture of growth, both personally and professionally.
What you will do:
- Author gameplay features and systems
- Assist with building and maintaining tools for authoring game content
- Mentor junior team members
- Assist with project planning and bug triage
- Directly support Design and Customer Service teams
What you will need :
- 5+ years experience with end-to-end development of AAA games in Unity
- Experience creating tools and features for technical content creators
- Excellent C# & Unity Experience
- Clear communication and teamwork skills
- Experience working with game teams and supporting content creators
- Experience providing technical guidance to developers of all levels
- A willingness to learn new tools and systems
- Excellent computer science fundamentals
Bonus points for:
- Familiarity with cloud based services such as Azure
- Knowledge of SQL databases such as Postgresql / MySQL
- Game platform support and development
- Mobile/Console Experience
- Security appsec and infosec experience
- Shipped a cross platform product on PC / Mac / iOS / Android
- Interest in blockchain technology
- Love of games
Who we are – Tempo Games Studio
Tempo Games is a new start-up games studio in production on its first major title. The Bazaar is an infinitely replayable, global, and free-to-play strategy game for all platforms. In this genre-bending title, players take the role of an enterprising adventurer on a quest for wealth and glory in an intergalactic marketplace.
Tempo is seeking to expand its team and hire best-in-class talent. The existing team has collectively delivered more than 100 games, events, and marketing campaigns with the largest companies on the globe, including Amazon, Microsoft, Nintendo, Epic, Sony, Activision Blizzard, Riot Games, Take-Two Interactive, Tencent, and ByteDance.
Tempo fosters a culture of innovation, inclusion, and passion among its team and fans to deliver impactful experiences that shape the way we all create, entertain, and play. We invest everything into our staff, culture, and product.
Compensation and benefits:
Tempo has listed the pay ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, domain knowledge, interview performance, position level, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
In the United States, the standard annual base pay range for this role is $115,000 and up, depending on the above-mentioned factors. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S.
The salary is just one part of the overall compensation at Tempo. We also offer a package of benefits including discretionary paid time off, paid time off for federal holidays, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and tax-advantaged 401(k) accounts to regular full-time employees.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.