This job might no longer be available.
Senior Gameplay Engineer - Treyarch (Los Angeles)
14 days ago
Job Title:Senior Gameplay Engineer - Treyarch (Los Angeles)
We are looking for a talented engineer with a passion for gameplay and a critical eye for game design to join our team in either Los Angeles or Vancouver. As a Senior Gameplay Engineer, you will be working closely with our Design team to bring innovative game features and content to life.
A Senior Gameplay Engineer should be excellent at rapidly prototyping ideas and be capable of quickly turning a design specification from paper into a working in-game prototype for further iteration. A successful Senior Gameplay Engineer will have an "eye" for gameplay and a knack for understanding how to deliver exciting content that millions of fans are going to love. You should be able to get quickly familiarized with existing codebases and be able to write elegant, high performing extensible code that works well within a collaborative environment.
What you’ll do...
- Implement, debug and optimize major features and content in C/C++ and other languages in the context of a large cross platform codebase
- Spearhead development of innovative gameplay experiences
- Contribute to game architecture and technical designs and postmortems
- Perform data and code analysis to identify improvement opportunities
- Provide mentorship to less experienced engineers
To succeed you should have...
- 6+ years of proven experience in a Gameplay Engineering role or similar position with multiple shipped titles
- Proficiency in C/C++
- Proficiency in scripting language such as Python or Lua
- Advanced knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Advanced optimization and debugging skills
- Strong math skills - especially linear algebra and 3D vector math
- Game knowledge and an understanding of the design principles behind games
- Able to collaborate with other engineers and non-technical team members, and be able to adapt to a fluid, changing environment as creative challenges constantly evolve
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- And most importantly, a passion for making games
We’d love it if you also have...
- Advanced programming specialty, such as low level network programming, High Level Shader Language (HLSL), SSE assembly, etc
- Expertise and passion in one or more of the following areas: AI, User Interfaces, Animation, or General Gameplay
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is a videogame studio whose purpose is to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. With this purpose in mind, we crafted the award winning Call of Duty: Black Ops series and pioneered the fan favorite Zombies mode.
At Treyarch, we empower the team to be individually driven to innovate on our games, processes, and culture. How we do things is just as important as what we do.
Studio culture and development, we believe it’s a team effort and that collaboration and hearing one another is key. Every day we face the large and small challenges together and every voice matters.
These values guide us in our mission to create moments that matter. Both to the players and to us, the creators. In an era where triumphs and defeats are readily shared, seeing players engage with our creations gives us great pride. Come help us create that next moment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.treyarch.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/treyarch , and @treyarch on Twitter.
PS, we’ve also got some pretty amazing office perks and benefits, like 20 vacation days and 16 holidays, 10 weeks of family leave, free lunches and snacks at our office, comprehensive healthcare, and more! Check out all the details here for more information: https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $101,000.00 - $186,754.00 Annual. These values reflect the expected base pay range of new hires across all U.S. locations. Ultimately, your specific range and offer will be based on several factors, including relevant experience, performance, and work location. Your Talent Professional can share this role’s range details for your local geography during the hiring process. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.