Senior Gameplay Engineer (Multiplayer) - Unreal Engine 4
3 months ago
“Let’s build Cross-Reality together.” Statements like that are what drive and excite us here. If you’re interested in working alongside passionate game developers that are driving towards the next evolution of immersive gaming then you should join us. Survios , the foremost virtual reality game developer and pioneer of the future of immersive technologies, has an opening for a talented Senior Gameplay Engineer (Multiplayer) to help push the quality and innovation to the next level with our talented Engineering Team!
Candidates must have a passion for designing, implementing, and maintaining gameplay systems and tools. Applicants should be enthusiastic about the opportunity to collaborate with other developers across disciplines, seek out opportunities to dive in, solve problems, and make improvements wherever necessary.
The ideal candidate has considerable experience contributing to a large cutting-edge code base and has the ability to architect and implement critical game engine components. The role requires prior experience developing for modern game systems such as PS4, Xbox One or Windows.
- Design, develop, and maintain the core engine systems that power Survios games and applications.
- Create networked gameplay systems that are intrinsically scalable and cross platform.
- Create or improve tools as necessary to empower content creators.
- Continuously test, debug, profile, analyze, and optimize on all applicable platforms.
- Adapt current and legacy games to maximize performance and stability on new platforms.
- Contribute innovative and original ideas on all aspects of game production and development.
- Mentor other engineers as needed to increase their capabilities and productivity.
- Five or more years of experience in the creation and delivery of state-of-the-art, performance-minded online multiplayer games with two in-game credits required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in C++.
- Proficient with linear algebra and general 3D mathematics.
- Comfortable working with internal and externally developed code.
- Effective communicator and collaborator with engineers and team members from other disciplines.
- A natural curiosity for all aspects of game development and a willingness to work on a wide variety of systems.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Self-motivated and passionate about making video games.
- Commitment to personal and peer development and sharing best practices.
- Hands-on experience shipping Unreal Engine 4 titles on PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.
- Experience developing virtual reality games.
- Experience using Unreal Engine Gameplay Ability System, especially in an online multiplayer game.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Math, or a related field.
- Experience designing and implementing threaded, asynchronous software.
- Experience with real-time physics, animation, and inverse kinematics.
Survios is at the forefront of VR game development and is pioneering the future of immersive technologies. Since inception, we have taken a holistic approach to virtual reality innovation, developing hardware, software, and games hand-in-hand to take VR to places that no one has dreamed possible. Survios offers a pet-friendly work environment with unlimited vacation time and a host of other perks and benefits to give our team everything we need to create unrivaled Active Virtual Reality experiences.