Senior Gameplay Designer - Social Experiences
11 days ago
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Design at Epic
What we do
Put your design skills to work at a cutting-edge company that challenges the norm. From character and level design to competitive gameplay and system design, help shape the future of interactive entertainment at Epic.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
What you’ll do
Epic Games is looking for an experienced Game Designer to join our team working on Fortnite. In this role, you’ll drive and create social gameplay features and systems that enable players to experience new ways to have fun with their friends and other players. Senior Game Designers at Epic are a part of a cross-discipline development team that own the vision and drive to create innovative features and content which expand the Fortnite universe.
In this role, you will
- Own the design, vision and outcome for major features or large areas of the game.
- Communicate and represent a project vision to team members of all crafts.
- Collaborate with product management and marketing teams to ensure player satisfaction and overall game health.
- Lead by example to set the quality bar for design.
- Actively participate in big-picture decisions, and ensure the design team focuses on the right elements to achieve superior results.
- Create and supervise the creation of clear, structured design documents.
- Drive collaborative and iterative prototyping, both paper-based and in-game.
- Attend playtests, provide feedback, and identify practical solutions to problems.
- Work closely with production to identify, prioritize, assign, and evaluate design work.
- Develop and grow the design team, enabling designers to achieve their career goals and best outcomes while also increasing the capabilities of the team.
- Resolve conflicts and foster a healthy, fun working environment.
What we’re looking for
- 7+ years experience shipping multiple AAA titles as a Game Designer.
- Passion for multiplayer games with a wide breadth of game knowledge.
- Demonstrated talent for empathizing with players and a deep understanding of player motivations.
- Strong interest in BR and multiplayer games with an understanding of what makes them work.
- Organized leader who can structure and plan their own work, and guide planning and goals for their teams.
- Solution oriented problem solver who can react quickly to changing project needs and drive to decisions.
You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
We offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.