Senior Game Producer, Features - Unannounced PC/Console Project
18 days ago
Team Name:Unannounced Project
Job Title:Senior Game Producer, Features - Unannounced PC/Console Project
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and passionate senior game producer to work on an exciting new project. As a senior game producer, you will act as a champion for the team by building a strong culture of empowerment and self-accountability where creativity and self-direction flourish. The ideal candidate will have experience partnering closely with systems designers, combat designers, and UX designers to create and execute against exciting new designs.
We are a team of passionate developers that highly value open-minded collaboration, direct feedback, and the eagerness to grab and drive a feature to Blizzard quality. As a senior game producer on the team, you will have a strong understanding of game development best practices and production methodologies, collaborating with our teams to ensure clear goals are outlined and realized throughout the phases of development. When particularly hard problems arise, you will draw upon your diverse experience and the collective creativity of the team to remove blockers and produce a Blizzard-worthy game.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with teams through all aspects of the product life cycle including prototyping, preproduction, production, beta, and release. By blending your production experience with your engineering, artistic, and design know-how you will empower your feature teams to create exciting new experiences.
- Champion the team by building a strong culture of empowerment and self-accountability where creativity and self-direction flourish.
- Evangelize game and feature vision internally within team and externally with partner stakeholders.
- Partner with design, art, and engineering to prioritize features, goals, and sub tasks based on team need, long-term player value, scope, and dependencies.
- Identify and communicate feature requests and requirements to partner teams and stakeholders; includes gathering requirements, performing GAP analyses, and writing feature specs.
- Collaborate with development teams to ensure clear goals are outlined for milestones and realized during development.
- Create project roadmaps and block schedules that provide the team with clear visibility and line-of-sight on achieving future milestones.
- Facilitate team ceremonies such as weekly syncs, milestone planning, build reviews, playtests, brainstorm sessions, and feature kickoffs.
- Act as a communication bridge between feature pods; ensuring the production of a unified game experience with complementary features and Blizzard quality polish.
- Gather and provide effective and constructive feedback to the team, providing suggestions and solutions for improvement when applicable.
- Serve as an ambassador of Blizzard core values and team values; "Leading Responsibly" in all interactions and activities.
- Remain current on industry trends including: new game genres, new game development methodologies, and emergent technology.
- 5+ years of experience shipping AAA titles in production roles.
- Can champion and manage projects with multiple departmental dependencies towards completion in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle, project management, and production processes.
- Proven ability to create, track, and maintain complex schedules.
- Experience building and managing strong cross-discipline teams that are self-directing.
- Demonstrated ability to identify production risks and proactively mitigate them.
- Collaborative and progressive thinker capable of inspiring large teams towards a unified goal.
- Able to communicate effectively with engineering, art, design, audio, and QA.
- Calm and deliberate within a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative – the ability to make sense of the ambiguous.
- Willingness and experience mentoring others.
- A force for good; always acting in the team and game's best interest.
- Ability to flex leadership style to fit team needs.
- Large scale facilitation training and experience.
- Exposure to all aspects of game development from low-level engine development through high-level IP development.
- Experience wearing many hats in a startup-like environment.
- Experience with Atlassian products; Jira and Confluence.
- Resume which may include:
- A link to your portfolio so that we can see examples of your work (e.g. roadmaps, block schedules, development dashboards, PowerPoint presentations, etc.)
- Cover Letter which must include: (Recommended)
- What role a Producer plays in game development?
- What your Production superpower is and why?
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything, our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!