Senior Game Designer
14 days ago
As a Senior Game Designer, you will design, tweak, and optimize the player experience. Your analytical skills, player insight, and creativity will aid in crafting in- and out-of-game experiences that engage and surprise players. You will collaborate with interdisciplinary teams and work with every tool at hand to innovate and iterate player-focused designs that will delight millions around the world.
In this role, you will help us bring The Bazaar to the world! You will design and refine features, modes, and systems to build The Bazaar experience for desktop and mobile platforms.
- Design and refine systems that delight and satisfy players needs for game play
- Work with other disciplines to build features that meet product goals
- Seek opportunities for new design spaces in collaboration with Product Managers and Design Leadership.
- Create and provide multiple potential designs and solutions. Articulate trade-offs and risks between different options.
- Playtest our game and help push for continued improvements for existing designs and fresh prototypes.
- 5+ years of experience in professional Game Design
- Can create complex systems with attention to the player impacts and downstream effects
- Experience in Unity game engine
- Deep knowledge of PvP strategy card games and empathy for PvP strategy card game players
- Experience with in-game systems design
- At least 3 shipped titles
- Experience working on a AAA game
Who we are – Tempo Games Studio
We are a new start-up game studio with an incredible game in development. The Bazaar is an infinitely-replayable, global, and free-to-play strategy card game for all platforms. In this genre-bending title, you play as an enterprising adventurer on a quest for wealth and glory in an intergalactic marketplace.
We are hiring the best-in-class talent and our team has collectively delivered more than 100 games, events, and marketing campaigns with the largest companies around the globe, including Epic, Microsoft, Amazon, Activision Blizzard, Capcom, ArenaNet, Warner Bros., Bungie, Sony, and Disney.
Tempo fosters a culture of innovation, inclusion, and passion among our team and fans to deliver impactful experiences that shape the way we all create, entertain, and play. We invest everything into our staff, culture, and product.
Compensation and benefits:
Tempo has listed the pay ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, domain knowledge, interview performance, position level, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
In the United States, the standard annual base pay range for this role is $90,000 and up, depending on the above-mentioned factors. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S.
The salary is just one part of the overall compensation at Tempo. We also offer a package of benefits including discretionary paid time off, paid time off for federal holidays, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and tax-advantaged 401(k) accounts to regular full-time employees.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.