Senior Game Designer
2 days ago
Miniclip is looking for a Senior Game Designer to hire in our Lisbon (Portugal) Games Development Studio. This is a full-time position.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your free-to-play design career in mobile: help bring new titles to market, and work on highly successful live games at a leading mobile studio that’s just 10 minutes from the beach!
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Work with the team to design and craft gameplay experiences and game features that deliver strong player engagement, virality, retention, and monetisation.
- Work with the team to create and craft game content to delight players, and devise & balance meta-game economies to maximise game performance.
- Write, review and give feedback on game/feature design documents, builds, and game roadmap plans.
- Participate as a key member of the product team across the product life-cycle, working on new titles, games in production, and live titles, proposing high-impact updates to our existing portfolio of games.
- Help identify and deconstruct new markets and opportunities, expanding the portfolio of the company and staying in the cutting edge of the mobile gaming industry.
- Collaborate with other designers to improve overall output, and support the team in growing & developing their design capabilities.
- Assist with reviewing, scheduling & prioritising design team workload.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
We are looking for a social, hard-working person who enjoys working in a team, and is passionate about games, and mobile free-to-play. The ideal candidate will be articulate, proactive & energetic, with the following attributes:
- Significant experience designing successful free-to-play published titles, preferably on mobile.
- Experience across the product life-cycle, from prototyping, through production, to updating a live free-to-play game.
- Strong knowledge of the mobile & social game space, with exceptional understanding of current design techniques to deliver excellent engagement, retention, and monetisation.
- Highly numerate, with experience designing virtual currencies and managing in-game economies.
- Experience with reviewing game analytics, designing AB tests, and producing insights based on data to make better informed design decisions.
- Strong grasp of mobile user-experience design, and ability to consider & empathise with many different types of players.
- Mature judgment, able to balance between innovation and setting reasonable goals.
- Collaborative & effective communicator, with an ability to work with multinational teams, with a variety of cultural backgrounds.
- A hard worker, with drive, initiative, and ability to self-manage effectively.
- Highly organised, with a track-record of guiding & advising others (some management experience is ideal).
- Ability to compromise and prioritise appropriately to deliver to tight deadlines.
You will be working in our fashionable, open plan studio in Lisbon with enthusiasts and professionals from the games industry. We like to maintain a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere, with regular team building and social events. We understand that being tied to a desk all day is not fun and that’s why there is a games area and fridge with complimentary drinks and fruit for all staff
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of unleashing the gamer in everyone. The company develops, publishes and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of 200 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge organic global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip franchises including 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™ and Agar.io™ have generated more than 2 billion downloads.
In the past year, we have been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), and Masomo (home of Headball2) to the Miniclip family of companies.
For more information, visit http://corporate.miniclip.com.