Senior Game Designer (Systems and Metagame)
18 days ago
We are looking for a Senior Game Designer that is highly experienced in designing systems and metagame. You will be working on an AAA project with a large-scale team.
In this role on the WARDOGS design team, your focus will be helping design, implement, and maintain core game systems related to economy, progression, and other metagame features. Building the experience of a player from their first moments to their 1000th hour. You should have a passion for creating deep and engaging systems that promote long term engagement. You will be expected to take designs from early concepts, through to fully realised features.
You will be working closely with leads and directors to deliver their vision while collaborating with the design team to gather feedback, additionally mentoring junior members of the team, developing their skills and experience. Strong written and verbal communication skills are critical in this role. This is an in-studio role, and this is non-negotiable; however, we can offer bespoke relocation packages.
Currently, we are unable to offer any visa sponsorship. If you have the skills and passion we are looking for and want to be part of something special, we want to hear from you!
- Take ownership of the design of multiple major game systems.
- Pro-actively work alongside other developers and designers to share and gather essential information and be consistent within your work.
- Communicate and present designs clearly to your team and management across all disciplines.
- Participate in and guide documentation and implementation.
- Mentor Junior members of the team.
- Keep up to date with new trends and styles in the Shooter industry.
- Work with the player in mind, make designs that centre around the player experience.
// REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proficient in UE4/UE5 (or equivalent current gen game engines).
- A detailed and systematic approach to design, developing and maintaining meta-game systems or game economies.
- Proven ability to create innovative new systems and enhance existing ones.
- Capable of mapping out and demonstrating long term game progression systems.
- Passion for playing games, past and present, and a good understanding of the systems that drive them.
- A demonstratable understanding of market trends and monetization mechanisms and how these impact community engagement.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- The ability to work independently as well as working alongside other designers.
- Excellent Collaborator with strong critical thinking, able to analyse and action feedback efficiently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience documenting technical designs.
- Experience working on AAA game/s through the full development cycle (from concept to ship) as an embedded member of a studio development team strongly preferred.
// DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience in AAA game design roles.
- Experience in designing features for consoles + PC.
- Experience in F2P and live service games.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.