Senior Game Designer - Multiplayer
12 days ago
We're looking for a talented Senior Game Designer with a passion for multiplayer experiences to join our team at Hypixel Studios, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to experts with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
At Hypixel Studios we are looking for diverse applicants that are passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
As a member of the game design team you will be responsible for exploring how to best push the boundaries of that experience in order to build new and engaging moments for players. You will design and deliver competitive features around Combat, Progression, Player Ranking, and Matchmaking.
Who you are:
- You’re a designer who thrives while realizing the vision of the game through content and systems that continually surprise and delight the player
- You balance your unique perspective with a deep understanding of the motivations of competitive players
- You are self-motivated, yet collaborative. A self-starter who can align with the team's goals but isn't hesitant to create solutions on their own
- You enjoy spinning up conversations about what makes a game fun while trying to understand how each component contributes to the whole
Some of your role:
- Develop a deep understanding of our players and their multiplayer needs
- Lead the Design of innovative competitive and cooperative multiplayer game modes
- Design innovative features that delight our diverse playerbase
- Present solutions with clear articulation of pros and cons
- Communicate chosen direction clearly to the team through design docs, user stories, wireframes, pictures of napkin sketches, etc.
- Utilise prototyping and playtesting where applicable to validate and balance solutions
- Work across disciplines to see your designs through to completion
- Listen to our players, understand how your designs impact their experiences, gain insights needed to iterate on and balance features
- Report and share benchmarks, best practices and findings to key stakeholders
- 5+ years of experience in professional game design on multiplayer titles
- Experience designing competitive systems in large, ambiguous spaces
- Experience with designing matchmaking and progression systems
- Ability to balance product goals with design decisions
- Ability to plan and estimate design efforts
- Experience mentoring other designers
- Strong collaboration skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Shipped or worked on at least one AAA online competitive game
- Deep level of understanding, passion, and engagement with online competitive games
- Experience planning content roadmaps as a part of a live service
- Familiarity with block style games
We can offer:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- An extremely motivated, diverse team
- Budget for your work environment
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally.
- A stable and secure work environment.
- 100% remote work, with the ability to relocate to Derry/Londonderry