This job might no longer be available.
Senior Game Designer(Mobile)
Shanghai Shanghai cn
7 months ago
As Senior/Game Designer (Mobile) you will be responsible for designing and balancing features, systems, mechanics, and game content. Your focus will be to develop innovative game features that improve customer acquisition, engagement, retention and monetization.
You will work closely with the creative director, designers, producers, engineers and artists during the production, launch and live operations of mobile social/casual/freemium games.
- Generating new ideas and proposals for mobile social games. Work closely with the Creative Director
- Developing innovative game features that improve customer acquisition, engagement, retention and monetization
- Balancing and adjusting game-play experiences to ensure critical and commercial success.
- Balance game pacing/progression and in-game resources/economy to both ensure the long term retention of players and to optimize monetization
- Enhancing products through social mechanics and networking
- Prototyping and designing gameplay and features
- Designing user interfaces and tutorials
- Working with artists and programmers to facilitate development and iteration of features
- Respond to feedback, analytics, and test results in a constructive manner with logical and reasoned suggestions/solutions to improve on designs
- Create and maintain living documentation for all game aspects
- Research and remain current on industry trends including new game genres, design methods, game themes and mechanics
- A passion for both playing and creating games
- An active interest in mobile gaming and social networking
- An understanding of simple, effective UI design for a casual user base
- Strong motivation to take on any tasks needed to complete a project
- At least 5 years’ experience as a game designer (inclu at least 2 year as leader), preferably with casual or social games
- Experience with game scripting languages such as Lua
- Experience with game documentation including creation of visuals using tools like Photoshop, Illustrator, Visio, Excel, Wiki, etc…
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
- Previous technical experience is a plus
Ideal Candidates Have:
- An experience of Monetisation, game balancing, social features, reward structure, viral aspects
- An understanding of usability principles
- An understanding of statistics and analytics
- An understanding of the dynamics of online communities and social media
- Fluent English skills (spoken and written)
- Chinese knowledge is a plus
Why Ubisoft Shanghai?
Be a part of the most exciting and innovating video game company in China. Come to work in Shanghai, an amazing city renowned as “Paris of the East”.
Together with a team of multi-national professionals equipped with the cutting-edge technologies, you can be assured of an experience that is both aspirational and fulfilling.
By working in Shanghai studio, you will also be offered with an array of career development opportunities, an abundant training resources, and moreover, a stimulating and creative work environment.
If you’re looking for this kind of job opportunity, you’ll find it here at Ubisoft Shanghai.
Join us for an exciting adventure and make great games!
About Ubisoft & Shanghai Studio:
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. For the 2018-19 fiscal year Ubisoft generated Net Bookings of €2,029 million.
Created in 1996, Ubisoft Shanghai studio, is a vibrant and exciting place where our 400+ talents get opportunities to either co-develop great AAA blockbuster games, create cutting-edge online games or produce fun mobile games.
To learn more, please visit: www.ubisoftgroup.com