Senior Game Designer - Diablo Immortal
25 days ago
Team Name:Diablo Immortal
Job Title:Senior Game Designer - Diablo Immortal
The minions of Hell are growing stronger...
Join us as we write a new chapter in the Diablo universe! Diablo Immortal, an action RPG mobile game set in the world of Sanctuary, allows players to slay demons anywhere, at any time, in the palm of their hands!
Come work with us, and together we will build something amazing. Our team of talented developers is growing. Our backgrounds are diverse, and we share a real passion for what we do. If you’re looking for a tight-knit crew that celebrates self-expression and embraces collaboration, then we'd love to talk to you.
As a Senior Game Designer, you will contribute to multiple parts of the game based on your interests and passions. You’ll work with the team to ensure the game systems and game content work well together. You’ll explore our deep progression systems, a variety of end-game activities, player-to-player social interactions, and how the content presented ties it all together. The perfect candidate has some experience with character and story development, class design, encounter design, game systems, live content development, general live ops, and is familiar with mobile best practices.
Diablo Immortal is a full-fledged action RPG designed from the ground up for mobile. You will join a veteran team of developers with a shared vision to radically raise the bar of what a mobile game can be. We value team-players who can provide constructive input, collaborate, and iterate in relentless pursuit of quality.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Help architect new gameplay systems with deep progression elements
- Shape gameplay systems in a way that deliver and enhance the player fantasy
- Make sure our systems mesh well within the world of Diablo
- Work with our UX team to find elegant ways to present players with potentially complex systems
- Work with our research team to identify key test metrics
- Synthesize player feedback, aggregate data into actionable game initiatives
- Collaborate and build relationships with designers, writers, and partners
- Assemble, plan, and maintain a live content schedule with particular attention to the production needs required to deliver the content on time
- Experience with designing player classes, monster abilities, or encounters
- Experience designing progression systems and implementation, such as itemization, or an elder game progression system
- Experience integrating game systems within lore-appropriate content
- Extensive experience developing or playing action RPG titles
- Passion for playing and making video games
- Clear, effective communication with a wide variety of designers, artists, and engineers
- A positive and self-driven attitude with the ability to be collaborative in a team environment
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a design role with at least one shipped product
- Strong familiarity with Diablo IP
- Design experience on a multiplayer RPG game
- Willingness and ability to travel
- User Interface design experience
- Prior experience on a game during live operations
- Published titles demonstrating excellent design ability
- Previous experience designing for mobile devices
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Cover letter, including:
- What games you are currently playing
- Your experience with PC and mobile game design
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing a true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.