Senior Game Data Analyst
16 days agoAs a Senior Game Data Analyst, your responsibility is to find actionable insights from data to help
guide the development of free to play mobile games. By performing quantitative analysis of player
behavior, you will identify problems and propose solutions to improve key performance indicators
of the game such as retention, conversion, and monetization. This includes working with the game
teams to identify changes that drive user engagement.
As an ideal candidate for this position, your skillset is broader than analyzing how users are
behaving in our existing games. You are also able to make informed predictions of how users will
behave during a game’s early stages of development and provide proactive recommendations to
help shape the game’s underlying economy. You should be able to deconstruct a game’s core loop,
systems, and player motivations.
During all phases of a project, you will actively monitor performance and make recommendations to
improve the success of the game. You will be involved during both the production and live
operations phases of the project.
Duties & Responsibilities:
● Analyzing player behaviour to support improvement of the game’s key performance
indicators such as retention, conversion, timeplayed and lifetime value
● Playing, deconstructing, and understanding our games and then formulating your own
questions, developing hypotheses, finding answers through data, then presenting your
● Working closely with the game teams to effectively communicate the findings and
propose in-game improvements
● Track & share results of AB tests that can measure the impact of new features or
alterations to existing gameplay.
● Regularly update executive level stakeholders on game KPIs & any other analytics related
● Creating & maintaining dashboards at multiple levels of detail to meet the needs of
● Tracking and monitoring KPIs and investigating the underlying causes of any changes
● Tracking and monitoring key economy-related metrics such as sinks, sources, currency
value, and inflation
● Working with game teams to review in-game economies, systems, and features to lay the
foundation for healthy KPIs and overall product success
● Developing and maintaining tools and dashboards for the User Acquisition team to track
ROAS and measure performance of campaigns
● Use historical data to predict ROAS breakeven of new campaigns & communicate
findings with a variety of stakeholders including User Acquisition & Finance
● Degree in a quantitative field, social sciences, game design or business management
● Minimum 4 years experience as a data analyst and preferably with free-to-play mobile
● Must enjoy playing video games with familiarity in the mobile space
● Strong analytical and quantitative problem solving ability
● Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate technical
concepts to non-technical people
● Proficient in SQL
● Proficient in creating visualizations and dashboards with Tableau, Qlik, Looker or a
similar platform (Tableau experience preferred)
● Proficient in R and/or Python
● Basic understanding of statistics and/or econometrics
We offer you:
- An opportunity to have massive impact. Our growing scope means you’ll be able to have a large impact on the gaming industry
- A group of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers with which to collaborate.
- Remote environment (but if you live in Vancouver we have an office you can go to if you wish)
- Professional development support to help develop your skills
- Company Stock Options & RRSP matching
At Hothead Games, we strive to maintain a healthy workplace during the Covid-19 pandemic - and beyond. The successful candidate must be comfortable working at home, and have functional and private space available for work hours. Compensation includes competitive salary, vacation, RRSP matching, company stock options and extended health coverage.
WHY BEING INCLUSIVE IS IMPORTANT TO US
At Hothead Games, we are an Equal Opportunity employer and we value the diversity of the people
we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds,
perspectives, experiences and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize
each person’s talents and strengths to make great games.
If you're seeking an awesome new challenge in a fun and engaging studio, we invite you to apply and
talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.