Senior Game Artist
2 days ago
The Multiplayer Group (MPG) are 300 developers and data scientists, helping our clients and partners build 20+ AAA projects at any one time. We’re probably the most experienced multiplayer dev group in the world and we’re set up to help the games industry make games more easily, to deliver the highest quality, and become long-term partners.
We hire the best people, our talented team is spread across the globe. We’re remote-friendly and big on wellbeing, so if you love the sound of us, we’d love to hear from you!
We are actively recruiting a Senior Artist to help MPG deliver expert art support to our R&D team. You will work with the art/animation/tech art team and alongside production, design, QA and engineering teams in helping to deliver the best multiplayer experiences in the world.
You are an experienced Senior Game Artist who has delivered significant contributions to many games. You are an expert in your field with an arsenal of direct experience to call upon. You could be considered a Generalist, being experienced in multiple areas of game art development, 3D, 2D, animation, materials/shaders, VFX and maybe more. You have a desire to explore & experiment in your craft, with a can-do attitude towards problem solving. You can operate independently on projects and demonstrate the full capabilities of your craft, understanding the technical as well as creative challenges. You’re happy to help mentor more junior artists and work collaboratively across the team to ensure the best possible ideas are professionally presented and realised in-game.
You fully understand that your art skills will only get you so far when it comes to creating solutions and that your other non-technical skills, such as effective communication, mentoring, and teamwork are starting to play a much larger role in your work.
What you'll be doing:
- Follow visual direction and technical briefs to create game assets, animations, VFX, shaders and more, whilst assisting others to do the same.
- Solve creative and technical challenges across a variety of projects.
- Work using relevant 3D & 2D tools, material creators/editors & game engines - plus game development software such as version control and production tools.
- Identify and log tasks, track and report on progress, assist more junior artists in doing the same.
- Maintain high quality standards and process: workflows, tests, documentation, approvals.
- Assist more junior team members in day-to-day work, being proactive in sharing your knowledge.
- Attend stand-ups, craft meetings, deep-dives, reviews, show and tells, etc.
What we'll need from you:
- Senior Artist level portfolio/showreel.
- Experience using Unreal Engine & Unity.
- Solid art development experience: having worked on multiple titles on all stages of game development.
- Attention to detail with a strong ability to analyse and comprehend visual direction and adapt style as needed.
- Solid problem solving: a knowledge of workflows, dependencies, typical challenges across multiple areas of art for games.
- Excellent knowledge of typical art tools and game engines.
- A good communicator with the ability to verbalise conceptual thoughts and the willingness to accept constructive critique.
What would help:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience in a generalist role, with a desire for technical problem solving.
- Experience working on several projects concurrently.
- Experience mentoring artists.
- Experience with rigging characters.