Senior Game Data Analyst
2 months ago
It's an incredibly exciting time here at Space Ape Games. Just over a year ago we launched our first music game, Beatstar, and have some super creative projects that we're working on behind the scenes! Check out our artstation to get a glimpse of the other genres we’ve been working on.
We are looking for a Senior Game Data Analyst to join our team and use data science to take our existing and future games to the next level.
As a Senior Game Data Analyst you will help the game team to make informed decisions with actionable insights. You will be part of the development lifecycle of the game, from supporting the game designers by shaping new features to analysing the impact of the changes once they are released. You will be working closely with the data engineering team to make the data warehouse more accessible to the team and the rest of the company. There will also be opportunities to collaborate and build ties with leading industry experts such as the Supercell Analytics Team and their other investee companies.
- Leading the analytics work on our major titles
- Shaping the analytics agenda for the game, working closely with the game teams to identify the key questions that data can help to solve
- Carrying out ad-hoc analysis and deep-dives to help answer the key questions with insights and actionable recommendations and inform the product roadmap decisions
- Owning the analysis task management for the game, setting priorities and managing the relationship with the game team
Some examples of work you will be involved in
- Identifying the key analytics priorities for our music game Beatstar, working out where we should we be focussing our efforts to have the biggest impact
- Analysing the impact of adding subscriptions into the game, helping the game team to design A/B tests to explore and improve the long-term profit and user retention effects of subscriptions
- Investigating the relationship between player demographics and music genre preferences, using the insights gained to help inform the music licencing team on which genres, artists and songs we should be prioritising for future game content
- Minimum of four years experience
- You can see the bigger picture and it feels natural to you to formulate what the actions should be after carrying out investigative work
- You are able to communicate complicated analysis outputs to non-technical audiences, utilising visual storytelling and clear written summaries to get the key points across
- You are confident in cleaning, aggregating and joining data
- You are used to writing complex SQL queries and you are not phased by working with untidy, unstructured data
- You feel comfortable mentoring and training less experienced team members
- Experience with R/Python and Tableau is a bonus
Why Space Ape is right for you
- Be a part of one of several small empowered teams who inspire and challenge one another in the pursuit of our mission
- Autonomy to make your own impact with the support to help it happen
- Designated ‘Ape Space’ creative time where you are free to work on game concepts and ideas away from your day to day
- The freedom to further your skill set the way you want with a generous training budget
- An award winning studio that has been crowned one of the best places to work, for the last 5 years in a row!
- Help run and create games which bring joy to millions of players all over the world
- 5* Glassdoor rating - Check out our reviews
- Entered a long-term strategic partnership with Supercell in 2017
- Competitive salary & stock options
About Space Ape
At Space Ape we pride ourselves on our passion and the trust we place in our people. We look for passionate, productive, team players who are relentless in their pursuit of our mission. There’s no bureaucracy here, we just get things done. Space Ape’s mission is to make the highest quality and most successful mobile games in the world. Founded in 2012 we’ve since launched five games that have been installed by over 100 million people and generated over $250m revenue.
We are part of the Supercell family, giving access to some of the most talented game makers on the planet.
Our studio is currently 120 strong and built around the belief that small empowered teams make the best games. This philosophy enables us to innovate, move faster and have the creative ownership required to make the greatest games on mobile.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.