Senior Full-stack Engineer (Contractor - Romania)
18 days ago
At Arkadium our purpose is to have fun while creating fun - and that’s exactly what we’ve been doing for 20 years. We’re the creators behind the world’s most-played games. From the Solitaire that came on your Windows machine, to hundreds of other games you’ve come to know and love - you can find our games on Arkadium.com, iOS, Android, and lots of other big sites worldwide.
As a proud Evergreen business our values of Fierce Drive, Positive Energy and Living Full Lives are the driving force behind how we run and the choices we make.
We’re privately held (aka stable and reasonable about growth), founder-led (aka passionate about our craft) and we consistently rank as a “Best Place to Work” (aka not your typical games company).
Interested in becoming an Arkadian? We’d love to hear from you!
Arkadium is seeking an exceptional and experienced software engineer to help support the development of our award-winning games.
- Lead end-to-end development of scalable and high-performance full-stack applications
- Architect and design comprehensive and robust full-stack solutions, ensuring alignment with business objectives and technical requirements
- Design, develop, and maintain server-side applications and APIs
- Design and optimize database schemas, ensuring data consistency, integrity, and security
- Optimize application performance by identifying and addressing bottlenecks in both front-end and back-end components
- Implement and enforce security best practices for data protection and user authentication
- Lead code reviews and mentor other engineers to ensure high code quality and adherence to best practices
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation and technical specifications, ensuring ease of understanding and knowledge transfer
- Stay up to date with the latest trends and developments in web development and share knowledge with the team
- Participate in agile development processes and contribute to team goals and objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- 5+ year experience as a full-stack engineer, with a focus on designing and building scalable systems
- Strong proficiency in modern front-end frameworks (React, Svelte, or Vue.js) and server-side programming languages (Node.js)
- Experience with relational and/or NoSQL databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Proficiency in designing and implementing RESTful APIs
- Solid understanding of microservices architecture and distributed systems
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (Azure)
- Experience working with a back-end-as-a-service such as Nakama or Playfab
- Experience with containerization and orchestration tools (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor other engineers
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of projects from start to finish
- Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Competitive compensation with structured performance and career development check-ins
- A unique culture of transparency, true teamwork and fun
- Paid time off is categorized as 40 flex days for the year
- Profit Sharing Plan/Bonus and Additional budget for courses and conferences you are interested in