Senior Frontend Engineer, User Connection
18 days ago
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the User Connection team, you will help power critical user flow journeys that millions of players engage with daily. Everything you build on this team will lay the foundation for how our users connect, experience, & create memories with friends and interests they care about. You will code with a user-first mindset, and if you are an experienced software engineer with attention to UI/UX details and is motivated by building a delightful and usable experience for your users, you'll be right at home within our experienced and growing user group. You'll report to an Engineering Manager on the User Connection team. #LI-Hybrid
- Build and ship best-in-class features used by millions of users
- Work with Product and Design to ensure that your technical solution embodies the shared team vision.
- Use best programming practices, optimizing code to be performant
- Write and maintain unit and integration tests for the code you write
- Take ownership of projects throughout its full lifecycle.
- Work with numerous teams to build the world's best applications.
- A record of taking a strategic approach to challenging technical problems and seeing them to completion. Your technical expertise often influences product direction and you help other engineers grow
- 4+ years of experience as a front-end or client apps engineer working on complex user interfaces.
- Experience working on large-scale consumer applications in React/Redux, React Native, iOS, Android, Windows, Mac OS and other platforms.
- At least 3 years experience working on deep and challenging problems in complex C++ codebases.
- BS in Computer Science or above.
- Experience in Lua and C++ is a bonus.
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and for benefits.
Annual Salary Range
$218,540 — $283,780 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.