Senior Front-End Engineer
5 days ago
Founded in 2007, Lumos Labs is the leader in brain training. Over 100 million users have used our Lumosity application to train their cognitive skills, playing our games over 6 billion times. We are now applying our unique approach to building scientifically-validated, delightfully fun, and deeply engaging products to other aspects of brain health and wellness. We are incubating multiple “seed-stage startups” within the company, in areas like creativity, mindfulness, emotional intelligence, and more. We are building one of the premiere digital health brands and are looking for talented, mission-oriented people to join us on the journey.
Lumos is looking for a senior front-end web developer to join the application engineering team. This team is responsible for all applications that the user interacts with directly. We are passionate about giving our customers a first class experience by creating frictionless, entertaining and robust applications they can interact with. We’re looking for someone that can help us architect and build a robust, scalable front-end web application.
- Drive the design, development and maintenance of all our front-end web applications and act as a resource for other engineers regarding all things related to web-based front-end development.
- Have a focus on performance of front-end applications by writing testable, reusable, and efficient code.
- Collaborate with back-end developers on how best to serve and visualize data.
- Understand and actively implement a high level of security and data protection through the development process.
- Be a champion of clear documentation and distribution of information regarding architectural choices, processes and database schemas.
- Keep informed of advancements in the field of React, front-end development in general, SSR and GraphQL.
- Be an active participant in shaping and maintaining our culture by suggesting improvements to processes and technologies.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Competitive compensation, including salary and benefits on par with later-stage companies and equity compensation on par with earlier-stage ones.
- The excitement and fun of the early-stage startup paired with the maturity and stability of a later-stage business with substantial revenue and company infrastructure.
- An egoless environment that fosters collaboration of all types. We have a culture of ownership, trust, camaraderie, and fun.
- A focus on sustainability - in our products, our business, and for our employees.
- A culture that values coming together and sharing our varied interests to illuminate new and inspiring ideas, all with a focus on helping our users make meaningful improvements in their lives.
- The opportunity to learn, grow, and bond with a tight community of co-workers based in SF, and with teammates around the world (NY, Portland, Minnesota, Brazil, Serbia, Ukraine, India).
- All of the perks that one would expect from a modern-day SF tech company.