This job might no longer be available.
Senior Financial Analyst, Corporate FP&A
7 days ago
Job Title:Senior Financial Analyst, Corporate FP&A
Job Title : Senior Financial Analyst – Corporate FP&A
Reporting To: Manager, Cost Management Office
Department : Finance
Location: Santa Monica, CA; Irvine, CA
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources and Finance.
The Senior Financial Analyst position on the Corporate FP&A team is a critical and highly visible role within the team that performs integrated companywide analysis and consolidation to support the Activision Blizzard King executive leadership team and assists with the companywide planning and forecasting processes. Reporting to the Manager, Cost Management Office, this role will work to analyze, report and support the performance of the Corporate Support functions and specifically demonstrate a strong aptitude for interpreting, analyzing, and communicating complex business issues, and identifying opportunities for improvement. Problem solving, prioritization, and attention to detail are critical.
The core functions of the role include supporting the Annual Operating Plan, Quarterly Forecast and Quarterly Close processes and ongoing partnership with various support function leaders to optimize efficiencies, while ensuring we are maintaining flexibility and supporting the strategic objectives of Activision Blizzard King. Key outputs include preparation and analysis of c-suite and senior leader reporting packages, coordinating data-gathering across the organization, and assessing risk and opportunity ranges for initiatives and guidance.
Partnership with business stakeholders / ad hoc analysis for key operating decisions (25%)
Support the functional business leaders in assessing investments, identifying opportunities for efficiency and executing organizational change
Reporting on status of projects and operations
Ensure alignment with strategy across a diverse operating environment
Annual Operating Plan (25%)
Work with stakeholders across the business and the regions to plan for expenditures in the year ahead
Create and present executive review materials that consolidate and communicate financial and operational strategy
Quarterly Forecast (40%) and intra-quarter trending
Support the coordination of forecast inputs from various regions and business units, alignment of key assumptions and drivers
Prepare various analyses that drive business insight and frame financial risks and opportunities
Perform variance analysis, and ensure an environment of no surprises for senior leadership
Process improvement (10%)
Drive standardization and effective evolution of the company’s Hyperion-based financial planning system to drive efficiencies and meet business needs
Help automate standard processes and reporting to reduce reporting burden and increase sophistication and capacity for analysis
Principal Working Relationships:
- Functional Business Leaders, and their direct reports
- Director Corporate FP&A
- Senior Director Corporate FP&A
- VP, Corporate FP&A
- Education: Bachelor's degree (Post MBA candidates are encouraged to apply)
- Prior Experience: Minimum of 3+ years of experience in Corporate FP&A role.
- General Financial Skills:
- Exceptional quantitative and financial modeling
- Ability to thrive and multitask in a rapidly evolving environment
- Able to work independently, with limited direction
- Strong communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills at coordinating and consolidating inputs across multiple functions
- The highest standards of accuracy and attention to detail in a dynamic, multitasking environment
- Outstanding organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Hyperion/Essbase experience preferred
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of general accounting and financial planning
- Experience in video game, software, technology or entertainment industries
- Real passion for video games
COVID-19 Hiring Update
This role is anticipated to be assigned to work fully on-site at an Activision Blizzard office
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $72,720.00 - $134,460.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.