This job might no longer be available.
Senior Financial Analyst, Core Sales
San Francisco, CA, United States
3 months ago
At Unity, you’ll make a difference. In a collaborative, fast-growing environment, we’re democratizing development, solving hard problems, and enabling the success of our community.
Come join our FP&A Team, as a Senior Financial Analyst. As a finance partner to our global Core Sales organization, you will have the opportunity to engage in financial planning, strategic analysis, reporting, process improvement, inform and influence decisions that will have a real impact on the P&L. You will partner closely with all levels cross-functionally across sales, operations, finance, and accounting.
You will succeed in this role because you are intellectually curious, analytical, driven, and like to roll up your sleeves. We want you to be part of our journey!
- Provide financial leadership across headcount planning, budgeting, and long-range planning for the Sales organization. Ensure Sales investment and resource allocations are aligned with Unity’s strategic priorities
- Develop an in-depth understanding of key performance indicators and relevant SaaS metrics for the Core Sales function. Drive long-term strategic planning, annual planning, quarterly forecasts and monthly revenue forecasts for the Sales organization. Identify risks and opportunities in revenue projections and KPI’s, enabling the sales leaders to “see around the corner” regarding business trends
- Analyze and report on monthly budget / forecast vs actual results for the Sales organization; develop actionable insights and recommended actions to address business issues and trends
- Develop constructive, collaborative relationships with business partners across the Sales organization. Be the trusted business advisor and excellent business partner for Unity’s VP of Business Development
- Collaborate closely with other members of the FP&A team, assisting in the administration, improvement, and development of scalable processes and tools used for budgeting and forecasting
- Work cross-functionally with Sales Operations, business leaders, and Accounting to develop commission and SPIF programs as well as attainment
- Provide ad-hoc financial analysis and projects to Core Sales business partners for decision-making analysis
- Support broader FP&A initiatives including process improvements and systems implementations (e.g. Adaptive Planning, Zuora, RevPro, Workday)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or similarly quantitative/analytical degrees
- Relevant experience in an analytical role (e.g. financial planning & analysis, investment banking, consulting, etc.)
- Experience in identifying and resolving data issues/needs quickly within a fast-paced environment
- Experience in presenting complex financial information in an easy to understand format
- Astute at business partnering, cross-functionally and Executives, with ability to gain credibility and influence
- Proficient in Excel, Google Suite (Sheets, Slides), and common data analytics tools
- Advanced degree/certification such as MBA a plus
- Knowledge financial systems: Adaptive Planning and Workday Financials a plus
- Experience in a fast-paced SaaS company
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Facebook, Oculus, Autodesk, and Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.