This job might no longer be available.
Senior Finance Manager, Mobile Studios
9 days ago
#WeAreEA and we exist to inspire the world to play. EA values creativity, pioneering, passion, determination, learning, and teamwork. We mean things like acting with curiosity, speaking up with original ideas, and committing to each other as one team.
We’re looking for all the best kinds of people to make great experiences for our players. The best people want a job that inspires them, while giving them room to enjoy their lives. And we want to give them that. We celebrate diversity and inclusion by creating a place where you can come to work and be yourself.
Our Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team provides strategic and financial partnership to EA’s Leadership team. We achieve this through engaging with our partners to understand our broad strategy, analyzing data, and delivering insights to guide EA’s performance.
This Sr. Finance Manager will lead business support for EA Mobile’s sports studios as a collaborative & trusted advisor to leadership. These studios develop high priority, strategic franchises for EA Mobile and require an experienced partner to help drive these businesses forward. In addition, this role will be deeply involved with M&A integrations within EA Mobile. It will require a candidate capable of navigating and influencing across a multi-dimensional org and confident engaging with senior executives. Knowledge of the gaming industry, especially free to play business models, advertising and user acquisition are a significant advantage.
- Lead the financial planning process, including the long-range, annual, and quarterly planning cycles.
- Provide strategic advice and financial rigor, ensuring the implications of business decisions are understood & aligned with profitability goals.
- Manage the studio P&L and influence product decisions to maximize the health of the business. This includes partnership with various functional owners on live service revenue forecasts, user acquisition plans, and managing development budgets.
- Proactively anticipate and manage risks and opportunities to maintain financial goals.
- Create P&L modeling and evaluate opportunities in support of new product incubation.
- Lead M&A integration for Studios FP&A across the EA Mobile portfolio. Participate in potential future M&A diligence.
- Manage one direct report, with room to scale over time.
- 8 or more years in mid-to-senior level finance roles.
- A strong bias for action and driving results. Healthy impatience for change. Willingness to ask the tough questions, challenge the status quo, and ensure stakeholder buy-in on complex decision points.
- Self-motivated, demonstrates initiative, flexibility, maturity under pressure & anticipates and resolves problems before they develop.
- Effective communicator to executive audiences in person, written, and through clear presentations.
- Preference for experience in game development, mobile entertainment, or digital businesses.
- Bachelor’s degree required – Finance / Economics / Accounting related field preferred.
- Extensive experience with P&L management, financial modeling, forecasting, reporting and analysis.
- Experience evaluating business performance metrics and translating to actionable recommendations.
- Involvement with M&A diligence and integration.
- Proficiency in Accounting and general GAAP knowledge.
- Experience with financial programs like Hyperion Essbase, Oracle and Anaplan.
- People management & developing a strong team.