Senior Environment Outsource Review Artist (Contract)
15 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Environment Outsource Review Artist
This is a contracted position through our staffing partner DZConneX with a high likelihood of extension.
San Diego, CA
PlayStation Studios Visual Arts (PSSVA) provides world-class content, development and services to PlayStation Studios. Our team is always at the cutting edge of technology and partners with the industry’s best minds and companies. This is your opportunity to work closely with game and film industry professionals from all over the world!
We're looking for a Senior Environment Outsource Review Artist to join our team and build in-game next generation game & cinematic quality environments and a range of material props styles. The focus of this role will be on environmental art assets for AAA Assets for Sony First Party & External Client titles.
If you have the ability to create props and environments from both detailed concepts and a single photograph, we want to speak to you! If you're able to take and provide direction from concepts or rough direction to the final model/texture, even better!
- Be able to craft in-game art and in-game cinematic art assets to Visual Arts/client specifications.
- Oversee the creation of game assets with an external team.
- Take a game asset from grey box to final quality (end to end) including collision, LOD’s and baking texture maps, etc.
- Evaluate effort estimations to ensure staff days are in-line with current project schedules.
- Create and/or modify existing assets as necessary, may be required to create both hard-surface and soft bodied assets from scratch.
- Quality control art assets prior to delivery to client.
- Work with clients/supervisors to revise and respond based on feedback for both aesthetic and functional purposes.
- 5 years' experience as an Environment/Prop Artist, with at least 2 shipped AAA titles.
- Advanced understanding of in-game and in-game cinematic art asset creation (portfolio must contain examples of assets with wire-frame shading).
- Expert understanding of Maya, as well as ZBrush or Mudbox.
- Experience in training and mentoring a team of artists.
- Ability to use in-game technology to finalize assets.
- Understanding of in-game testing to test/optimize for game engine specs while balancing aesthetic needs.
- Experience with asset ingestion/integration within a game engine (Unreal, Crytek, or proprietary).
- Advanced understanding of in-game art asset creation including hard-surface props, soft rigid assets such as clothing items, vehicle, weapons, etc.
- Experience working with external outsource vendors and/or working with a game engine and engine tools.
- Bonus: Experience as a concept artist / drawing skills / portfolio.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.