Senior Environment Concept Artist - Unannounced Survival Game
9 months ago
Team Name:Unannounced Project
Job Title:Senior Environment Concept Artist - Unannounced Survival Game
Senior Environment Concept Artist - Unannounced Survival Game
We Want You
A new world and a new journey await you. It is a world different from any other Blizzard has created.
If you’re a passionate game developer, and, well, a good human being, then we’d love to talk to you. We have a new AAA survival game in the works, set in a new IP for PC/Console. It’s going to be amazing, and we’d love to bring you along for the ride. Together, we’ll build something big, bold, and beautiful.
We’re looking for a versatile and creative Environment Concept Artist to help us build a new survival game for Blizzard. Your goal is to help bring an entire world to life! Everything from landscapes, structures, props and more - we’re looking for someone who has imaginative ideas and knows how to translate them into beautiful images. You’ll be providing inspiring art to inspiring gameplay. If you love your craft, it doesn’t get much better than this role.
We believe our team is good. Really good. Granted, we’re obviously biased. But we also believe there are lots of developers out there who can make us even better. You could be one of those people. If you’re looking for a team where inclusion, thoughtfulness, empathy, professionalism, and collaboration are all seen as critically important, we believe our team could be a phenomenal fit for you. Join us and help craft our future!
You can learn a bit more about this upcoming Unannounced Survival Game in our news release here !
COVID-19 Hiring Update:
We've transitioned to a work-from-home model, and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
You’re good at:
- Creating exceptional concept art!
- Inspiring people around you with your art, by being highly imaginative when visualizing all aspects of an environment. Your art skills can excite a team and contribute to the unique visual direction of a new game.
- Creating a diverse and wide range of alluring and inspiring environment concepts that draw players into a world while helping 3D artists execute them in a game engine.
- Creating jaw-dropping illustration work to capture the feel of the game and excite others by its unique artistic vision.
- Partnering with other artists, designers, and engineers to collaborate on creatively complex assignments to develop an inspiring art vision for this new Blizzard experience.
- Collaborating. Creating epic entertainment experiences is a team effort and you thrive when exploring ideas and working with others.
- Executing on all aspects of being a Concept Artist. You fully understand how to contribute to the overall game development process.
- Managing your time independently. You know when to work quickly to generate conceptual ideas and when to slow down and polish an image for public consumption.
- Excellent fundamental art ability. A firm understanding of perspective, light, color, and a breadth of subject matter applicable to environments. We’re looking for someone who knows how to bring imaginative but believable worlds to life.
Extra awesome points for:
- Having experience working with 3D modeling or sculpting programs like Zbrush to quickly get your ideas generated.
- Playing lots of games. If you love games, movies, animation, and you love dissecting them and thinking about how to take them to the next level, you’ll feel right at home.
- Having a passion for Blizzard games and our game universes.
You’ll need to provide us with:
- Your Resume
- Your Portfolio or Reel – Only digital applications will be accepted such as a website, blog, or online album. Physical media will not be accepted.
- An art test might be required
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We've worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything, and our core values are real.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Come help us bring the world together through epic entertainment!
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $80,800.00 - $149,400.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.