Senior Environment Artist
London, Greater London, England, United Kingdom
11 days ago
Does the challenge of creating an exciting AAA Free to Play game at a new studio excite you? Here at Wargaming UK you have the chance to join a new creative project at the early stages of game development. You can leave your mark on the game and be part of creating something truly unique.
We are self-publishing our own title, and are fully funded by Wargaming.net, one of the biggest publishers of FTP games in the world. Our studio leadership are industry veterans, and we believe we’re building a great studio culture in the best studio space in Guildford. If you think you have the talent to join a world class team, we’d love you to come and look at our studio.
See what press are saying about our new project:
The candidate will have to be a hardworking self-motivated team player who is able to work closely with the Lead Environment Artist, Art Director and Art Manager to create and be responsible for large sections of the game.
They will need to possess excellent verbal and written skills and be able to both take critique and give feedback to external partners as well as fully participating in group discussions.
Applications without a portfolio will not be considered .
The Senior Environment Artist will report to the Lead Environment Artist/ Art Director
What will you do?
- Create stunning 3D worlds
- Translate concept and reference artwork into 3D game assets as required, setting a high-quality bar
- Help design, construct, document and implement pipeline procedures
- Prototype new techniques and processes
- Create high-poly and low-poly models and accompanying texture sets that use advanced shaders
- Help support off-site development partners
- Collaborate with the Art Director to deliver innovation and drive quality
- Assist the Art Manager in planning within this discipline
What are we looking for?
- 5+ years production art experience in the gaming industry
- At least 3 published games
- Proven ability to create exceptional stylised and realistic worlds
- Outstanding skill in a digital sculpting package – Z-Brush
- Exceptional knowledge of 3ds Max
- High level expertise in Substance painter
- Significant Unreal 4 development experience with at least one released title
- A great eye for detail, natural flair & a strong understanding of composition & colour theory
- Excellent verbal and written skills, and be able to both take critique and give feedback internally and externally in a professional manner
- Diligent self-management around both individual and team tasks, schedule and budgets
- Strong organizational skills with adherence to optimization and asset management
What additional skills will help you out?
- Understanding of narrative world building
- Traditional art skills (drawing, painting, sculpting, photography)
- Concept skills – Ability to visualize and concept with this discipline
- BA in art or related field or equivalent experience.
- Samples of your work displaying clean High Poly to Low Poly bakes, strong understanding of material variation and stylised texturing.
- Passion for making and playing great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!