Senior Environment Artist
15 days ago
Unity is looking for a texture artist who can help drive the future of how content is created and perceived globally.
Unity is developing new software to be used by the world’s largest gaming studios, VFX houses, and industry players. This role is a unique opportunity for an artist to guide the development of this new software built for 3D artists, and expand the network and community of artists who can benefit from this technology.
- As part of the product team, provide an artist and industry perspective on various aspects of software development, including UI/UX, use cases for new and existing features, quality checks on outputs, ideas for new features, etc.
- Produce engaging and stunning artistic content for use in the sales and marketing process
- Work collaboratively with the sales and marketing organization as well as others within the company including Support, Development, Sales, etc.
- Help to build an active community of loyal customers, leveraging existing networks and artist communities
- Professional experience as a Technical Artist, Texture Artist, Environment Artist, or equivalent
- Proficient in the use of primary artist tools such as Photoshop, 3Ds Max, Maya, Substance, ZBrush, and/or Houdini
- Ability to generate photoreal textures for hard and organic surfaces and to create high-quality texture maps with the understanding of all supporting maps (bump, specular, normal, roughness and transparency, etc.)
- Understanding of UV layout and principles, baking textures and processing maps
- An ability to work effectively on shared projects with engineers, designers, artists, testers, and other developers
- Experience with Substance Designer, Quixel Mixer, and/or any scan processing software
- Experience with material and texture scanning (photogrammetry, photometry, etc.)
- Software UX/UI and/or software development experience
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.