Senior Environment Artist
14 days ago
Squanch Games has some crazy worlds, and those worlds need buildin’. We’re currently looking for a Senior Environment Artist to help make these worlds a reality. This person will need to be able to work closely with the designers and the art department to make sure that the game will hit the artistic vision without compromising on the design.
At Squanch Games, we make stuff that people love: games that we want to play ourselves. We make experiences that we would like to be totally immersed in and enjoy for hours at a time, as well as shorter, crazier experiences that would be great to play with a group of friends or possibly with stray homeless people that you invited in so you could feed and bathe them.
If you share in these values, come join us!
- Build detailed 3D environments in multiple different styles per project and art direction needs
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with designers and other artists
- Be a strong artistic and technical reference for other members of the art team and help contribute to the overall growth of said team
- Give and take critique from multiple departments and directors during the creation process
- Quickly learn and adapt to new tools and pipeline processes
- Work with production to ensure that time estimates are accurate and met
- Has shipped at least 2-3 titles or has a substantial amount of environment art experience
- A strong portfolio demonstrating advanced modeling skills in major 3D packages (3DSMax is preferred)
- Ability to create a large amount of 3D assets to help populate a level quickly
- Demonstrate advanced ability to create textures and materials using Substance and Photoshop
- Strong eye for detail, silhouettes and composition
- Ability to visualize and build levels with minimal concept art and direction
- Advanced experience using the Unreal Engine
- Ability to create advanced materials using the Unreal Engine Blueprints system
- Strong technical ability to manage game engine budgets, memory limits and performance constraints
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to resolve advanced issues from a visual and technical perspective