Senior Environment Artist
12 days ago
Build amazing experiences in Halo Infinite , connect players across platforms in Minecraft , unleash your creativity on original IP or think strategy with Magic: The Gathering Arena . SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our current projects include working as a co-developer on Halo Infinite , projects in the Minecraft Universe , supporting the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena , and original title, Stela . As one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 200 engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
We are looking for an experienced Environment Artist to join an exciting new IP project at SkyBox Labs! By joining the team close to the start of the project, you will have an opportunity to really make a key impact on creation of a game and have your voice heard in the early stages! In this role you will develop high quality assets and world layouts and collaborate with designers and the creative team, in order to deliver new content.
- Work with artists and designers to create an immersive and compelling world and environment
- Work with existing in-game and in-library assets and create new high quality 3D environment assets
- Collaborate with designers to improve world layouts
- Optimize assets to ensure performance goals are met
- Recommend new techniques, tools and workflows to improve quality and efficiency
- At least 5 years’ + experience in game development as an artist creating high quality environment assets for games
- Experience working on PC/console games is a preferred
- Experience working on world layouts, hard services and props
- Proficient in Maya, Photoshop and ZBrush. 3Ds Max is a plus.
- Solid technical skills with knowledge of game engines and how to export assets
- Optimization experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to receive and deliver effective feedback
- Ability to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team
- A portfolio and/or reel demonstrating relevant art skills is required in order to be considered for this position.
A Culture of Empowerment, Collaboration and Personal Growth
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration and personal growth. We employ a flat structure where all team members are heard, respected and trusted. We encourage knowledge sharing and personal growth through our many Lunch & Learns and frequent feedback. This culture is underscored by our strong commitment to work-life balance.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow a 200 person studio while cultivating an inclusive grassroots culture. We value our team members’ various backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and this is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, potluck club, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
Work During COVID-19
In order to keep our employees, candidates and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of our teams are working from home within Canada. All interviewing, onboarding, and most work will take place remotely for the foreseeable future.
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.