Senior Environment Artist
1 month ago
Obsidian Entertainment is looking for a talented, self-motivated Senior Environment Artist to collaborate with a growing team of developers.
The Senior Environment Artist will be responsible for expertly creating aesthetically pleasing environments for a cross-platform RPG, in Unreal Engine 4. This artist will be responsible for worldbuilding, modeling high and low-poly objects, baking textures, exporting/importing assets, applying materials, assembling environments, mentoring others, and will generally be an exceptional game developer.
- Efficiently model, UV map, bake, and create the materials, in a PBR pipeline, for environment assets and assemble them in Unreal Engine 4
- Create a wide range of high-quality environment art assets including props as well as interiors and exteriors of structures
- Manage terrain, foliage, and worldbuilding efforts via proprietary tools
- Work closely with Art Director, Art Lead, Tech Artists and Level Designers to ensure the visual target is met or exceeded
- Share knowledge with others via documentation and ability to mentor of other artists
- Effective working knowledge of performant and attractive level building as well as modular assembly techniques for Unreal Engine 4
- High proficiency with Maya, ZBrush, Substance, PBR materials, and lighting
- Proficiency with SpeedTree and some familiarity with Houdini
- 5+ years in the game industry with at least one shipped title
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Knowledge of architecture and engineering fundamentals as well as construction methods
- Working knowledge of color theory
- Concept development skills
- Understanding principles of good composition
- Passion for gaming and the games Obsidian makes
- A web portfolio that demonstrates a range of high quality 3D rendered samples and 2D texture art
- Examples of lit interiors/exteriors
- A range of hard surface and organic models
- Samples from previous industry work
- Architectural rendering samples
- Environment art concept samples
- Complex material examples in Unreal Engine 4
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept electronic applications.