Senior Environment Artist - DUNE
21 days ago
From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 30-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 400 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Your Mission in Funcom
As a Senior Environment Artist, you will set an example to create the highest quality artwork and maintain artistic consistency for concept art, whilst helping with the mentorship of your colleagues.
In this role you are a highly skilled and adaptable Environment Artist, always ready for a new challenge and have a very strong understanding of the latest environment art production techniques.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Produce high-quality environment art, terrains, props, architecture, foliage, integrate within the engine, and assist with various technical setups
- Collaborate with key team members in the creation of in-game environments and buildings, props and being able to own parts of the pipeline
- Assist with mentorship of other team members within the team
- Balance artistic aspects with technical constraints, working closely with technical artists
- Stay up to date on best practices to keep up with the latest next-gen industry standards
We are looking for someone that has:
- Minimum 3 years commercial production experience in a Environment Art role
- Solid understanding of 3D art fundamentals of modeling, materials and game limitations
- Proficiency with 3ds Max, Blender, Substance Suite and Terrain Generation tools
- Great communication and time management skills with the ability to help mentor your colleagues
- Bachelor/Undergraduate degree or equivalent
In addition, the perfect candidate has:
- Experience with modular systems
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
Please apply in English.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
The Funcom Oslo studio is a professional working environment with international work culture, with close to 100 people from over 25 different nationalities in one of the happiest countries in the world. Funcom is an international and varied environment in which people have one thing in common – their love for making and playing video games.
Located in central downtown Oslo, the studio is situated in a modern office building surrounded by a cozy area with lots of sights, restaurants, and cafés.
Working at Funcom Oslo offers a flexible 37.5h/week working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, free access to the gym, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We have a diverse, dynamic, inclusive , challenging, and engaging culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities, and w e encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.