Senior Engineering Manager
Stockholm Stockholm County Sweden
9 days ago
Frostbite is EA’s state of the art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing leading-edge engine features and world-class tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join the Frostbite team!
As an Engineering Manager, you will join our domain including teams within Core Systems -, Engine & Tools - and Network -areas. Your primary focus will be to grow engineers in the teams but we believe you will also take on additional responsibilities. These can include coding, product ownership, program management, and agile coaching; we are open to tailoring these based on your strengths.
- Coach and grow individuals by providing positive and constructive feedback that matters
- Coach the team to increase collaboration, code quality, and best practices
- Building a learning culture
- Facilitate discussions to enable the team to take timely decisions
- Monitor workload and coach reporters on handling stress
- Recognize efforts that contribute to the team and the business
- Believes in servant leadership and understand the value of a healthy work environment
- Experience from managing direct reports and growing engineers in an Agile organization
- Technical background that enables you to coach engineers in their trade
- Humble and eager to learn and thrive in a learning culture
- Experience and a desire to develop within the people management track
- Self-motivated and collaborative attitude
- Leadership experience in a high tech company
- Experience in the game industry
- Experience working with autonomous agile teams
- Experience working with C++, data-driven design, and software architecture
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality.
We love to celebrate our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, pension plans, bonuses and RSU’s, tuition reimbursement, free video games, and more!
This opportunity is for a permanent position at Frostbite’s Stockholm office.
As part of the application process, we might ask you to perform a practical work test. We look forward to receiving your application!