This job might no longer be available.
Senior Engineering Manager
Stockholm Stockholm County Sweden
6 months ago
Frostbite is EA’s state of the art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing leading-edge engine features and world class tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join the Frostbite team!
As an Engineering Manager of the Content Framework team you will report to the Sr Engineering Manager of Production Systems. The Production Systems team creates the tools, frameworks and services that EA’s content creators rely on to create and enhance EA's games. As the manager of the Content Framework team you’ll work on the data layer and data build pipeline that is fundamental to representing game assets and preparing them for use in our games. You’ll find opportunities to improve content creator workflows allowing faster iteration times and creativity for our engineers content creators
As a line manager of an engineering team
- You hire and onboard new team members
- You lead your team to accomplish agreed upon commitments including features and performance measures
- You coach and grow individuals by providing positive and constructive feedback that matters
- You coach the team to increase collaboration, code quality, and best practices
- You create a learning culture to grow the team's ability to sustainable achieve the teams goals
- You promote discussions to help the team to make decisions
- You monitor workload and coach team members on handling stress
- You recognize efforts that contribute to the team and the business
As a project manager for the team
- You coordinate with engineering partners and product managers to prioritize work
- You determine the resource requirements to meet goals and drive team planning
- You deliver new value using Agile development practices in a distributed development environment
- You manage development work, monitor workload, and communicate progress against commitments
- You create and help implement process improvements for the team
- 5 or more years leading teams
- Experience managing direct reports and growing engineers in an Agile organization
- Technical background that enables you to coach engineers in their trade
- You are a servant leadership and understand the value of a healthy work environment
- Experience in project management methodologies such as Agile
- Good knowledge of collaborative tools such as Jira
- Leadership experience in a high-tech company
- Experience in the game industry
- Experience working with autonomous agile teams
- Experience working with C++, data-driven design, and software architecture
- Product owner experience
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality.
We love to celebrate our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, pension plans, bonuses and RSU’s, tuition reimbursement, free video games, and more!
This opportunity is for a permanent position at Frostbite’s Stockholm office.
As part of the application process, we might ask you to perform a practical work test. We look forward to receiving your application!