Senior Engineer, Multiplayer Game Services
Bellevue, WA, United States
13 days ago
At Unity, we are re-inventing the way online games are built, launched, and operated. In Multiplayer Game Services, we focus on building highly scalable, distributed, realtime services that enable creators to confidently design and launch new and engaging connected player experiences. We proudly provide online solutions for matchmaking, lobby, and hybrid multi-cloud game server hosting for some of the world’s biggest games. At our core, we are passionate about bringing people together, and enabling game creators to build living experiences for their players.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who shares our passion for games and constructing highly scalable, realtime platform services. As a key member of the multiplayer team, your role will include architecting, designing, and implementing the next generation of core platform capabilities necessary to accelerate development of future multiplayer products and technologies. We are breaking new ground in bringing powerful, enterprise-grade multiplayer capabilities to every creator.
- Architect, design, and lead the technical development of core products and features
- Investigate, test, prototype, and select technologies for services
- Write high-quality code that supports existing and future functionality of products
- Work to ensure high-quality engineering principles are adopted and practiced by the broader team
- Operate within a distributed team and collaborate with colleagues both local and remote
- Provide mentorship, coaching and technical guidance to development team members and leadership
- Prior software development experience using C#, Golang, or Java
- Ability to clearly communicate your ideas and solutions and discuss them with the team and stakeholders
- Ability to design and reason about service interactions across distributed systems, including communication patterns, versioning strategies, architectural tradeoffs, protocols, database technologies, and reliability
- Experience working with databases and building platform services, eventually consistent service patterns, and/or event-driven architectures
- Quality-driven attitude and approach
- Experience working with multiplayer services technologies
- Experience working within an Agile environment (SCRUM/KanBan/XP)
- An understanding of container and orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in gaming is a plus, but not required
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
#LI- DC2 #SEN