This job might no longer be available.
Senior Engine Programmer
1 month ago
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and proactive Console Programmer to join our busy HEXWORKS studio and support driving our games forward.
A career at CI Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Ready for a new challenge? With this role at Hexworks, you will:
- Work on the epic RPG Lords of the Fallen licence and other exciting future projects
- Console-Specific Game Development:
- Write, optimize, and maintain clean, efficient, and well-documented code for console platforms using Unreal Engine.
- Utilize expertise in console development to enhance gameplay systems, mechanics, and interactions for optimal performance on relevant platforms.
- Ensure smooth integration of Unreal Engine features with a focus on console-specific optimizations.
- Implement and iterate on gameplay mechanics to achieve desired player experiences.
- Debugging and Issue Resolution
- Identify and resolve technical issues, bugs, and performance bottlenecks.
- Collaborate with QA and other teams to ensure a high level of game quality.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration:
- Collaborate with artists, designers, and other developers to integrate gameplay elements seamlessly into the overall game vision.
- Participate in cross-disciplinary discussions to align development efforts.
- Innovation and Industry Trends:
- Stay updated on industry trends and advancements in console game development.
- Propose and implement innovative solutions to enhance gameplay experiences specifically tailored for consoles.
Let's be honest!
On occasions, this role may be challenging.
- The gaming industry is extremely fast-paced – sometimes the deadlines are tight
- You’ll need to be aware of the schedule and respect delivery time
- Your role will be fully remote which may be sometimes challenging
Please still apply even if you don't tick all of the boxes, but feel your animation skills fit the role.
- 5+ years experience in Console Programming within the games industry
- Experience with PS5, Xbox or Switch
- Proficient in C++ programming language
- Strong understanding of Unreal Engine development, with a focus on console platforms
- Proven ability to identify and resolve technical issues and bugs efficiently
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Ability to adapt to evolving project requirements and priorities
- Genuine passion for gaming and a commitment to delivering exceptional player experiences
- Experience working on action RPGs or similar genres is a plus
What we offer:
- Attractive remuneration, holidays and social events. Our environments thrive with collaborative teamwork with people from all around the world, different nationalities, and languages.
- A supportive community inclusive of LGBTQ+, and any age, ethnicity, religion, or disability. We care about the wellbeing of our employees and have a dedicated employee wellbeing programme.
- Flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays.
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Free games and merchandise
- Wrap parties for game releases
- Remote/Homeworking with flexible working schedules (core hours 10am - 4pm CET), a fun environment, and a relaxing culture, including the opportunity to work with the leading technology and creative minds in the world.
- Learn as you work and be part of something real that changes the face of gaming - forever
- Once our Talent Acquisition team receives your application, together with the hiring team, we will review your CV, portfolio and the answers you provided in the application form and if all the boxes are ticked, we're moving to the next stage.
- Initial call with Talent Acquisition Specialist - During this call you'll learn about the company and we learn about you. We'll talk about your experience & expectations with working in a fully remote environment and we'll talk about your expertise. We'll finish this call with some admin questions. There will be an opportunity for you to ask any questions as well.
- After the initial call, usually 1 or 2 interviews with the hiring team follows. These interviews will be a bit more technical and will go deeper into your experience, skills & knowledge. As you would have signed an NDA by now, you'll also learn a bit more about the project you would work on. During these interviews we'll also focus on finding out whether you're a good fit for our company culture and that we share the same values.
- We may or may not ask you to do the test - this is decided on an individual basis and you will receive instructions with the test.
- If everything goes well, the last step in the recruitment process is the offer presentation call with the Talent Acquisition Specialist and your future line manager to discuss the offer and next steps to get you successfully on board.
We are an equal opportunities employer with a commitment to building a diverse workforce, representative of the world we live and game in!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Accessibility is at the heart of our games and we reflect that in how we operate as a business. Should you require adjustments or flexible arrangements to interview, or take up a role at with us, please let us know in your application and we will accommodate to the best of our ability.