Senior QA Engineer - Engine
17 days ago
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
Engine Productivity QA team's mission is to maintain and deliver the highest quality client and server releases of the Roblox game engine across all platforms. Our major areas of focus are increasing test coverage using both integrated automation tests and targeted manual tests, as well as improved feature testing with directly embedded QA Engineers in several teams.
As a Senior QA Engineer on Game Engine, you will work with multiple engineering teams (Rendering, Physics, Geometry, and others) to create industry-leading quality assurance and test coverage for the Game Engine. You will make sure the Game Engine components and features we build satisfy product specifications and don't compromise system stability or scalability. You will coordinate testing with third-party testers, partner with other Roblox QA, work with automation tooling and metrics, and work with developers to ensure excellent quality and performance for our users. You will report directly to the Engine QA Manager.
- Collaborate with specific engineering teams within Engine, providing them with specialized QA support, encouraging team related QA plans from initial planning all the way to the final release
- Verify and validate new features
- Create quality test cases and test plans for already existing and upcoming features
- Coordinate test efforts with other internal QA teams and offshore QA team members
- Identify potential areas for automation
- 3+ years hands-on QA engineering experience (writing test plans, test suites, test cases)
- Gaming and game development is your passion (plus)
- QA experience in the gaming industry and familiar with a variety of gaming platforms (PC/Mac desktop, iOS/Android mobile devices, consoles, VR)
- Experience working with offshore teams
- Familiar with DevOps/Build/Deployment process
- Experience with game engines (Unity, Unreal, among others) (Plus)
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and for benefits.
Annual Salary Range
$168,620 — $212,880 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.