Senior Director of Sales
4 months ago
Rooster Teeth is looking for a highly motivated Senior Director of Sales. The ideal candidate will have a strong, proven success story in media and custom content buying and selling, understand passionate online communities, and can exceed their goals in a self-managed work-from-home environment.
The Senior Director of Sales will work with the integrated marketing team, internal branded content, and accounts management teams to maintain and develop new revenue in support of Rooster Teeth’s owned and operated content, partner shows as part of The Roost Podcast Network, and custom content produced by the Achievement Hunter, RT Comedy, and Funhaus talent and production teams. This position reports directly to the SVP of Sales and Business Development.
- Manage the identification, pitching, negotiation, and closing activities for:
- O&O and partner custom and branded content sales opportunities targeting RoosterTeeth.com, the Rooster Teeth connected and mobile apps, YouTube, and other online video platforms where we distribute our content
- O&O and partner streaming content targeting Twitch, YouTube, and other streaming platforms
- O&O and partner podcast and broadcast content targeting iTunes, Spotify, YouTube, RoosterTeeth.com, iHeart, Soundcloud, and other audio and video podcast platforms
- Rooster Teeth produced live and virtual events
- Direct and programmatic media sales targeting RoosterTeeth.com
- Utilize Magellan, LinkedIn, and your existing industry relationships to develop new sales opportunities
- Provide timely reporting and forecasting using Salesforce and Airtable
- 5+ years of digital sales experience with an emphasis on custom content and media sales
- Experience selling host-read ads and custom segments into audio and video podcasts a plus
- Experience working with media and performance marketing buyers
- Events sales (booths, live activations, sponsorships) a plus
- Familiarity with Airtable, Salesforce, and Concur a plus.
Who We Are
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Rooster Teeth is a fan-driven, community-built entertainment company in Austin, TX. From humble origins in a spare bedroom, Rooster Teeth created the web series Red vs. Blue, an innovative form of entertainment for a changing media landscape that sparked the growth of a passionate global fandom. From that foundation, Rooster Teeth pioneered a direct-to-consumer lifestyle brand for its growing online following with subscriptions, advertising, e-commerce, and live events. Rooster Teeth produces several original content series including RWBY, the most popular western-style anime series today, The Rooster Teeth podcast network, and a daily video series featuring an in-house cast of influential talent. With broadcast and live-action production capabilities and an animation studio, Rooster Teeth engages industry-leading networks, streaming entertainment services and creative talent to develop projects that reach global audiences through its Studios division. Rooster Teeth cultivates the gaming lifestyle it helped define with partnerships through its industry-leading video-first podcast network, The Roost. Rooster Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 45 million subscribers to its YouTube Network, 5 million unique weekly viewers across its RoosterTeeth.com
hub and more than 4 million registered community members. The company was founded in 2003, and is a subsidiary of Otter Media, a WarnerMedia company.