Senior Director of Engineering - Star Wars IP
Brighton, East Sussex, United Kingdom
14 days ago
BossAlien is an award-winning developer of mobile games. Our team is in search of a Senior Director of Engineering to join us in our growing Brighton studio.
The ideal candidate will be accomplished in leading effective engineering teams. You share our values of determination, trust and excellence, and you celebrate and respect diversity of people and ideas. You advocate for our players and ensure they have an outstanding experience in our games, and you want your work to positively impact tens of millions of people worldwide.
As Senior Director of Engineering you will be responsible for the successful launch of a new, premiere mobile action game in the Star Wars universe that will engage with millions of players daily. This is a rare and unique opportunity to lead development for a landmark title in the games industry based on one of the worlds most beloved creative properties.
In this role you will:
- Build, mentor and lead a team of 20+ engineers.
- Collaborate with design, art, production, analytics, business, QA, live operations, central tech and leadership teams to specify and build sophisticated game features and development tools for mobile games.
- Create and execute development plans, deploy best-in-class processes and innovate in software development. Proactively identify, prioritize, triage and resolve development issues as they arise, in consultation with other discipline leaders in the studio.
- Inspire, grow and lead managers. Guide and mentor your leads to be the best they can be for themselves and for their staff.
- Build a robust team that functions autonomously, is technically innovative and creates value for our players.
- Lead by example. Be a strong technical partner for the leads and engineers. Be a domain expert in one or more technical areas such as gameplay, UI/UX, rendering, server infrastructure etc. but also comfortable leading a technical discussion in any domain.
- Attract and recruit top engineering talent.
- Advise studio leadership and actively drive forward the development culture at BossAlien
- Grow with the business; stretch yourself and learn new skills and domains
- Have fun; we’re making games!
We are looking for:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent preferred
- Deep experience in leading software development for mobile, desktop, web and/or server applications.
- Track record of building successful teams and delivering and operating multiple sophisticated software products.
- Shown success at developing and leading people and growing their careers.
- A team player who is insatiably curious and strives for excellence.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours with accommodation for partial remote working
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Mondays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
NaturalMotion is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.