Senior Director, Product and Franchise
26 days ago
Team Name:Global Management
Job Title:Senior Director, Product and Franchise
We are currently seeking an experienced and passionate Senior Director, Product and Franchise to join Blizzard Entertainment Shanghai office.
The successful candidate will be passionate about video games, innovative and motivated, he should enjoy working in a fun environment to bring epic experiences to our players.
The Senior Director, Product and Franchise will oversee some of our core Blizzard games and services, leading Blizzard China Franchise team to deliver Blizzard Entertainment value proposition to our customers and interface with our China partner, Blizzard internal stakeholders and development team in headquarter(HQ), to communicate China needs and initiatives for growth. Strong game knowledge, publishing experience and/or project management experience in the PC or mobile game industry are required.
The ideal candidate should have very strong critical and analytical thinking, communication and influencing skills. The position will require the person to work closely with respective franchise leads, brand managers, project managers, and PR manager in China.
- Plan and align the local franchise strategy for the responsible franchises with global. Support and collaborate with our partner on overall publishing planning and execution as well as the franchise brand building in China
- Manage the franchise team and work closely with the local publishing team to drive franchise performance and growth in China from a marketing, brand, PR, live operations, and project management perspective.
- Work closely with our global game development teams to ensure the product strategies are aligned with the franchise goals and values and fit into the overall Blizzard franchise long-term development plan.
- Foster and maintain a close relationship with the China publishing team and HQ stakeholders, to help bridge communications between the local publishing team and HQ dev teams.
- Proactively investigate, identify, provide visibility of local risks and considerations on all aspects of publishing; gather feedback, develop solutions and communicate to stakeholders with a sense of urgency.
- Actively monitor ongoing game performance, and service quality & stability.
- Maintain a strong awareness of local game trends, updates, and needs in order to mitigate any possible risks and communicate them to stakeholders in local and HQ development and business teams.
- Together with your team, be the product experts and owners of the end to end players’ experience.
- Passion for games, particularly but not limited to Blizzard games
- A minimum of 10 years’ publishing, marketing or product management experience with a minimum of 5 years’ working in video game or internet industry
- Strong knowledge of product management, and demonstrated success in defining and launching commercial products
- Proactive working style: take initiative to improve process, proactively communicate with teams, follow-up on issues and bring deliverables to completion
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English and Mandarin. Ability to articulate a vision, strategy or idea clearly.
- Able to communicate effectively and collaboratively with departmental, regional, and global leads
- Strong business acumen, pragmatic and attention to detail is essential.
- Willing to travel
- Shipped AAA PC or mobile game
- Experience with video game development pipelines, online games operation
- Experience working in a multicultural setting and across cultures.