This job might no longer be available.
Senior Developer Technology Engineer
Culver City, CA, San Francisco, CA, Sunnyvale, CA, Seattle Wa.
7 months ago
As a Senior Developer Technology Engineer at Magic Leap, you will engage and support a wide range of Magic Leap’s developers and partners in creating experiences for Magic Leap. You will conduct this support both onsite “in the field” at those developers’ offices and from your office at one of Magic Leap’s locations. In this role, you will build and share advanced knowledge of the company's current and future technology to enable content developers on the Magic Leap platform. You will also be supporting Developer Relations teams by providing technical expertise at internal and external workshops. The ideal candidate has years of experience in interactive real-time immersive (AR / VR / MR) development and/or the games industry. In addition, we’re interested in those who’ve worked for a major platform/publisher in the past in a similar external-facing role and/or have shipped multiple high profile applications focused on interactive real-time 3D graphics, gaming and/or VR/AR applications.
* The candidate in this role will work based at one the following office locations as listed.*
(LA area) Culver City, California | Seattle, Washington | Austin, Texas | Plantation, Florida
- Provide 1:1 direct technical support to developers building experiences for Magic Leap
- Replicate developer issues & prototype immersive (AR / VR / MR) solutions for content partners and the larger online developer community
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and subject matter experts to support & improve the content pipeline
- Build advanced knowledge of Magic Leap's current and future technology to understand how they enable content developers.
- Document discovered solutions into the company knowledge base to foster a culture of leveling-up the developer community
- Relentlessly advocate for developers’ needs internally to improve our overall platform technology, acting as the voice of the external developer.
- Develop and distribute samples for Magic Leap alongside the Learning Resources team
- Mentor junior engineers: conducting code reviews, leading internal training, and contributing to the public-facing knowledge base
- 7+ years of engineering experience in interactive real-time 3D graphics development and/or the games industry.
- In-depth knowledge of the most popular 3D game engines and 3D technologies (ideally Unity and/or UE4)
- Excellent problem solving/debugging skills to track down the cause of problems and quickly find solutions
- Experience writing and optimizing code for mobile or embedded platforms
- Experience writing code using C++, Strong C++ Knowledge as well as C#
- Deep Understanding of Linear Algebra
- Excellent proactive communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to communicate complex technical issues via email and in-person to small groups of engineers, technical artists/designers, and stakeholders
- Experience developing game engine technology is a plus
- Previous platform technology support experiences is a plus
- Ability to travel 45%
- 2+ years of immersive (AR / VR / MR) development experience using real-time 3D game engines (ideally Unity and/or UE4).
- Experience in 3D modeling & animation programs, such as Maya or Blender
- Experience in design-thinking for VR or AR Head-Mounted Displays (HMDs)
- Prior experience building on Magic Leap
- Experience coding in C++ or C#
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.