Senior Developer Operations Engineer
Seoul, South Korea
14 days ago
As a Devops at Unity Technologies IT Engineering for our team here in Seoul, you will work with new and emerging technologies while supporting our global teams.
This includes multi-location hosting, NSPOF solutions, containers, application management, operations, and automation. Your input and ideas will be transformed into the dynamic IT infrastructure at Unity. The infrastructure consists of a mixture of on-premise hardware, bare-metal rentals, VMs, and cloud-based infrastructure in an ever-evolving environment. We use open-source as well as proprietary software to support our operations.
An efficient and scalable Devops is integral to enabling our teams to create cutting edge software utilized by millions of developers around the world. In this role, you will join a team of DevOps in Unity IT Engineering to maintain and enhance our systems.
If you’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and enjoy new challenges supporting a global company, we are looking for you!
- Creating and setting up new servers/services to support the expanding operations
- Maintain and optimize our Technical Operations
- Track production servers and take preemptive actions upon errors
- Monitor, secure and optimize our operations
- Addressing, isolating and repairing performance problems or other issues affecting the efficiency of the operations
- Rapid deployment of infrastructure-as-code (via Salt-stack, Chef, Ansible, etc.)
- Experience working in a cloud environment such as GCP, AWS or Azure
- Familiarity with at least one configuration management tool, Salt, Chef, Ansible, etc
- Proficient in modern scripting or programming languages such as Python or Golang
- Basic networking knowledge (routing, firewalls, DNS)
- Knowledge of VCS (Perforce, Git)
- Comfortable troubleshooting in Linux/Unix environments
- Experience with SQL, NoSQL and database design
- Ability to take initiative, anticipate challenges, and work well independently and within a team
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal English
- A passion to learn and take on new challenges
- We are an agile environment, so kanban or scrum experience is a plus
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.