Senior Data Warehouse Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
10 days ago
Here at Daybreak, we make great games that bring people together: to build them and to play them. Together we have built and introduced some of the most famed and beloved gaming franchises to millions of players worldwide including H1Z1 ® , DC Universe™ Online, PlanetSide ® , and EverQuest ® .
We are obsessed with the entire creation process and the passion for play is what makes us one with our players. From group raiding epics in Norrath to watching our favorite streamers ravage zombies in the post-apocalypse, we are devoted to delivering the ultimate gaming experience to our communities.
Let's make games better together! Are you up for the challenge? Here's some specifics on what we're looking for...
A highly driven Senior Data Warehouse Engineer to help manage and analyze and our current data pipeline. This is a very hands-on position which will require collaboration with almost every department within the company. The person in this role will be integral in providing key insights into multiple areas of the business and managing data and reporting for internal stakeholders.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Become an expert on Daybreak’s business and all data relevant to optimizing operational and financial performance
- Utilize business expertise to develop and review key performance indicators and metrics for live games and operations
- Develop and maintain Daybreak’s data pipeline which includes but isn’t limited to data from commerce sales, live games, platform operations, third-party vendors, and social media
- Provide hands-on implementation and subject-matter expertise around data warehouse, reporting data and ETL subsystems
- Support Finance team with Ad Hoc Sales Analysis, daily sales settlement (i.e. Credit Card, Paypal), audit requests, and revenue recognition data processing.
- Generate or ad-hoc reports on top of data and share findings with stakeholders
- Ensure the data collected is accurate and valid
- Collect all relevant data and manage it within the data warehouse
- Analyze and make strategic and tactical business recommendations based on data interpretation and trends
- Review key performance indicators and metrics for live games
- Create models, tables, and dashboards within Tableau to visually represent data
- Determine full context of inquiries to get the best answers for stakeholders
- Build out new reporting structures and templates for data acquisition of new games
Experience and Qualifications:
- Mastery of SQL and Excel
- Strong database modeling skills
- Strong skill in determining current data structures and systems and how to integrate new data sources and feeds into our current pipeline
- Experience with ETL tools
- Creative thinker and strong aptitude for finding answers to business inquiries
- Basic C# and Java programming knowledge
- Some understanding of Python
- Comfortable working with Big Data
- Excellent data visualization skills
- 7+ years of experience in areas of data management including analytics development and business intelligence
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Economics or Computer Science
- Comfortable presenting to Executives and Senior leadership
- Ability to partner with company stakeholders and determine the full intent and scope of requests
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Snowflake Experience
- Finance Experience
- Gaming industry experience
- Familiarity with Games as a Service and Free to play business models
- Amazon S3 experience
- Amazon Kinesis experience
About Daybreak San Diego:
Our headquarters is where gaming and San Diego culture; Creating a vibrant work environment that epitomizes our belief that every day should be well played. From our four-legged canine friends who can accompany us to work each day to company celebrations, the perks of working at Daybreak San Diego extend well beyond the beautiful weather in this prime location.
Exceptional employee benefits: 18 days PTO first year; Robust Medical, Dental, Vision insurance coverage for entire family; Company matched 401k vested immediately; Flex Spending Accounts, generous tuition reimbursements, ultra-creative environment, bring your dog to work with you.
**Daybreak Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to Diversity in the workplace.**