Senior Data Scientist
San Francisco CA US
14 days ago
GSN Games is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our team in San Francisco.
What You’ll Do
The GSN Data Science team delivers machine-learning based tools, products and insights that help to move the needle in the business of our games. You will be a key member of the larger Data Organization, and other members of the Data Engineering, Data Analytics and User Research teams to conceptualize, develop and roll-out ML-based products and features. You will also be critical in informing our ML platform roadmap and infrastructure, testing new products on the market and ensuring our big data technology stays cutting edge. This is an exceptional opportunity to apply Data Science, Software Engineering, and organizational skills to drive actionable insights across a portfolio of games.
- Collaborate with other data scientists and data analysts to build, tune, and optimize machine learning models to optimize all aspects of the business, including LTV, churn prediction, payer propensity, AB test suite, topic modeling/classification, fraud detection, etc. just to name a few.
- Collaborate with the Data Engineering team on key Big Data Initiatives to ensure our platform is, and remains, cutting edge. This includes working with new offerings on AWS, GCP/BigQuery, Vertica and Spark technologies.
- Partner with game studios to solve business-critical questions. Sometimes these questions are brought to us, and sometimes we bring these questions to the game teams.
- Proactively explore the data to find new insights and opportunities for growth and optimization.
- Help develop best practices with data and analytic techniques across the game studios.
- Keep up with industry trends and developments, and make sure our technologies are cutting edge.
- 3-5 years experience working in data technology, several of those in Machine Learning.
- Strong background in probability, statistics, and machine learning, with a broad (generalist) understanding of techniques for different applications.
- Fluent in Python.
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services & Google Compute Platform.
- Strong hands-on experience with SQL.
- Experience with A/B testing and other forms of causal inference, and good skills in data visualization.
- Excellent communication skills.
- BS in a quantitative field such as math, physics, economics, or computer science (MS preferred)
- Bonus points for experience in games.