Senior Data Scientist
13 days ago
Job Posting TitleSenior Data Scientist
Why Big Fish Games?
Big Fish Games is the home of some of the biggest hit mobile casual games including EverMerge, Gummy Drop!, Cooking Craze, Fairway Solitaire, and many more.
- We are curious and constantly seek improvement in all we do because that’s what our business demands
- We operate with good intentions, confidence, and humility
- We welcome diversity of background, thought, and experience
- We listen actively and value each other
- We foster a fun environment that inspires creativity
OverviewWe are looking for an amazing Data Scientist to support the different Game Studios at BFG. You'll be responsible for supporting A/B test design and analysis, building machine learning models, and helping to support our day-to-day operations by building scalable data science solutions. Successful candidates for this role have strong SQL and statistics skills, are passionate about games, and are clear communicators.
What You'll Do
- Engage with PMs, designers, CRM managers to identify analysis requirements
- Develop a deep understanding of available data to drive ad-hoc analysis and answer questions
- Perform statistical analysis, hypothesis testing on experimental data to validate and quantify trends or patterns identified by business
- Evaluate performance of new features and content
- Build machine learning models and work with engineering teams to productionalize model outputs.
- Effectively write, present and communicate research results with recommendations.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Statistics or related discipline such as Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, etc.
- Experience with SQL, R, Python
- Experience with manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources including collecting, assembling data, cleansing, formatting, and validating results
- Experience with data mining, machine learning, statistical modeling tools and underlying algorithms
- Minimum 1-3 years in a data science function
- Data visualization and dash-boarding building experience with Tableau, Looker, or similar tool
Benefits And Beyond
Employees constantly rate Big Fish Games highly for its leadership, flexibility, well-being, diversity and inclusion through quarterly surveys.
FLEX-Forward work environment: Customize the when, where, and how you work while delivering goals
Health & More: Medical, dental, vision, life, disability, Teladoc services, employee assistance program (EAP)
Work-Life: Wellness Friday (half-days), paid time off, parental leave, flexible work policy, studio holiday closure (Enjoy the week between Christmas and New Year!)
Wellbeing: Wellness fairs, weekly virtual workout classes, 24/7 access to mental health and wellbeing support, free therapy and counseling sessions for you and your family
Wealth Care: 401k matching, flexible spending account (FSA), employee discounts, employee stock purchase program
Learn & Grow: LinkedIn Learning subscription, mentorship program, career development, individual development plans, educational assistance on job-related professional development
Community & Fun: Company social events, employee impact groups, company swag, volunteer opportunities
About Big Fish
Building upon our 20-year legacy as a leader in the biggest gaming categories in the world, we are innovating and developing new products within the casual space to add to our extensive portfolio. Big Fish is dedicated to delivering amazing experiences for players to connect, compete and discover play, anywhere and on any device. This means games for broad global audiences in genres that are easy to learn, and difficult to master. Be a part of the team from the start.
Big Fish is part of Pixel United, the free-to-play, mobile-first video games business of Aristocrat Leisure Ltd (ASX: ALL)!
Big Fish Games is an equal opportunity employer. We bring unique talents together to build something special that’s why we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
LocationMontreal (Job Posting)
Job familyGame Analytics
Time TypeFull time
CompanyBig Fish Games
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.