This job might no longer be available.
Senior Data Engineer - Riot Data Products, R&D
8 months ago
Data Engineers at Riot have a mix of software engineering and data warehousing skills required to develop data workflows that promote positive player experiences. Data Engineers index high on data processing, dimensional modeling of relational data, and using data systems that scale to accommodate millions of players. By translating requirements into sustainable, automated data processing workflows, your work will be used to serve other Rioters and power player facing features. This requires us to be excellent collaborators with other engineers, data scientists, designers, and product owners across the organization.
As a Data Engineer II on the R&D Data team, you will partner with different game titles to collect, process, and make usable data collected from our global footprint of servers. We need your expertise in using the latest data processing tools and techniques to improve how Riot serves its legions of fans from around the world. You will report directly to the Senior Manager on the team.
- Design sustainable, reusable data marts and telemetry that can be applied to all new games
- Work with data scientists and analysts who will use your data marts to help with decisions or build services
- Set standards on how data is processed and delivered
- Safeguard player data
- Work with game, web, and service engineers to design and instrument telemetry libraries and frameworks
- 3+ years of relevant work experience or a PhD related to the role
- 2+ years experience with big data technologies such as Spark
- Depth of experience with open source ETL frameworks such as Airflow, Luigi, or similar
- Very proficient in using SQL and Python for processing data
- Experience with data warehousing and modeling best practices
- Experience with big-data processing technologies
- Proficiency in a typed language such as C++ or GO
- Experience with cloud infrastructure using containers and infrastructure as code
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.