Senior Data Analyst
11 days ago
Relic Entertainment is a wholly owned studio of SEGA. We are an award-winning developer of genre-defining games like Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, and Age of Empires. We have delivered rich, thoughtful strategy games throughout our history and our vision is to continue making games that people love to play.
We believe the best games come from our ability to understand our players and create incredible experiences for them. Our Live Operations organization is building a new platform and team for Company of Heroes 3 to enable us to embrace a data-informed game development model. We need your experience and skills as a Senior Data Analyst to help us build for the future.
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will…
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (Data Engineers, Game Designers, Producers) to develop actionable insights, uncover opportunities, and make product recommendations
- Gather and translate soft requirements (questions at hand) into technical requirements (telemetry or pipeline needs)
- Use appropriate quantitative or qualitative methods to evolve your deep understanding of user behaviour
- Contribute to strategic planning, define goals for the Relic Data team
- Mentor and guide more junior analysts
You're a great fit if you have...
- Experience analyzing large datasets, visualizing information, and informing company strategy
- Strong SQL skills and the ability to query complex data sets
- Experience with data visualization products such as Power BI, Tableau, or Qlikview
- Experience working with Cloud-based platforms such as AWS, Azure, Apache etc.
- Experience with analyzing software in development and working with multi-disciplinary development teams
It's a bonus if you have...
- R, Python, Java or any other scripting language skills
- Experience with data mining, segmentation techniques, machine learning, and/or behavior modeling
- An interest in game development and a desire to learn and grow with us
Are you game? We’d like to hear from you!
Please apply through our careers page (www.relic.com) and we will be in touch shortly to let you know about next steps.
This is Relic
We have a culture of kindness, transparency, and play. There is a lot of heart and passion at this studio – we get to work on projects we’re proud of and we work hard to be the best at what we do. We are curious, we strive for excellence, we build on each other’s ideas, and we celebrate each other’s great work. Relicans organize movie nights, game tournaments, life drawing, community and charity events, and more. Basically, we believe that good work starts with a community you’re excited to spend your day with, both in and out of the studio.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Relic benefits include an extended benefits package, RRSP/DPSP matching program (subject to eligibility requirements), local discounts to gyms and restaurants in the area, and regular studio and community events. For designated roles, relocation and immigration assistance may be available. You will also become part of the SEGA family (in addition to Relic, this includes Creative Assembly
, Sports Interactive
, HARDlight Studio
, and Amplitude Studios
), which gives us access to the resources to enable us to build on our legacy of innovation.