Senior Data Analyst
12 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
ANALYTICS AT EPIC
What We Do
Use your expert experience in data & analytics to build powerful stories and visuals that inform the games we make, the technology we develop, and business decisions that drive Epic.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is looking for a Senior Data Analyst - Creative to join our growing team. In this role, you'll directly contribute to improving the Creative Ecosystem for both our players and our Creators. If you are passionate about empowering creators and expanding what Fortnite is, this role may be for you! The primary objective of this position is providing business insights about our Creative products to help drive the growth and trajectory of Fortnite. In this role, you will take initiative and work autonomously in a fast-paced environment.
In This Role You Will
- Leading the effort to build a deep understanding of Creative products and become the de-facto expert on all analytics data collected
- Working with senior leadership to define business strategy
- Working with the business and product management teams to define hypothesis/questions that we want to validate/answer and leading the effort to validate and answer those hypothesis/questions
- Working closely with engineers to define requirements for what analytics events we need to capture
- Helping to define and build ETL processes for getting data into a form used for analysis and dashboards
- Performing in-depth analysis of said data to provide insights to the business, product management, development, teams and other stakeholders
- Documenting requirements, developing, and delivering both written reports with analysis and charts on a dashboard
- Taking accountability for the quality of data coming out of Creative
What We're Looking For
- 7-10 years previous professional experience as an analyst
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled in Hive and Python
- Experience creating ETL processes for converting raw data into data useful for analytics
- Passion for technology, video games, and analytics
Nice To Have Skills
- Experience in C++ and Unreal Engine
- Significant playtime in Fortnite and Creative mode
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k, and profit-sharing.
All Epic employees can enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge in studios - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.