Senior Data Analyst
This is an exciting challenge for a seasoned and ambitious industry professional to build our studio’s data culture. You’ll work to understand the data needs of the studio and the strategy to best deliver on them.
As the Senior Data Analyst, you will be responsible for identifying how to best leverage game data to improve performance, drive player engagement and increase revenue. We expect you to be a major contributor to the growth strategy of our games.
Our ideal candidate is someone who can influence business decisions through data-driven recommendations. You consider yourself to be passionate about games, fun to work with and you take ownership of your responsibilities. You are always driving for innovation and championing good analytical practices and data-informed decisions.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Conduct analyses on all aspects of the game’s lifecycle to support decision making.
- Build and maintain dashboards with the key indicators of the game’s health and performance.
- Conduct and analyse A/B tests as well as live operations.
- Give insights into player behavior using suitable statistical techniques.
- Build data products and algorithms to solve novel business cases.
- Own all the data-chain and data sources and assure their reliability.
- Be a data ambassador, promoting a data-driven culture.
- Drive forward Analytics and Data Science processes and business adoption.
Desirable skills and experience:
- 3+ years of experience on a Data Science or Analytics role in the mobile industry.
- Proficient in a domain specific language such as R or Python.
- Capability to write complex SQL queries.
- Robust statistical knowledge with hands-on experience in hypothesis testing and time series analysis.
- Very good data visualisaton skills. Familiarity with a dashboarding tool like Tableau or Domo is a plus.
- Good understanding of ETL processes and how to leverage data from different data sources from APIs to data warehouses.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts and analysis to business users across all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communication skills.
Part of the Miniclip group, Yakuto is based in Shoreditch in walking distance from several main line and underground stations, in an open plan and airy studio. In the studio, you will find a relaxed and easy-going environment and have access to free drinks, fruit, games consoles and pool table.
As part of Yakuto’s ‘ C OVID Secure ’ measures, the office has since reopened with increased distancing between desks, daily professional cleaning and other measures to ensure team safety. The w orking week operates as follows: Monday, Wednesday and Friday in the office with flexible hours to help avoid peak-time travel; Tuesday and Thursday are home working days intended to be distraction free to focus on problem solving.
For more information, visit http://www.yaku.to/about
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of unleashing the gamer in everyone. The Company develops, publishes and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of over 200 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution, and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip franchises including 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™ and Agar.io™ have generated more than 2 billion downloads. As of April 2020, Miniclip has more than 60 million daily active players reaching people across the world in the pursuit of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’.
In February 2015, Miniclip was excited to receive a large majority investment from Tencent, one of the world’s largest technology companies and the world’s largest games publisher. This new chapter in Miniclip’s history strengthens the Company’s position, with Tencent recognising its achievements to date and future potential.
In the past two years, as part of their ambitious growth plans, Miniclip have been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), and Masomo (home of Head Ball 2), Ilyon (designers of Bubble Shooter), and Eight Pixels Square (Sniper Strike) to the Miniclip Group.
For more information, visit http://corporate.miniclip.com