Senior Creative Director - Console
Montreal QC ca
6 days ago
Behaviour Interactive is seeking an industry veteran Senior Creative Director to lead our teams across the next wave of current and next-generation console titles. This is a unique opportunity to join a successful game studio with big ambitions, working on some of the most exciting intellectual properties in console gaming. This position is within our Montréal-based studio (we are open to exploring the possibility of the position being remote given current circumstances).
As a Senior Creative Director, you will manage diverse internal design teams across multiple console titles. You will directly work in partnership with different publishers to internalize and understand the needs of their products and direct our teams to meet the highest quality bar that is historically expected of our studio.
Ideally you will have proven experience in the leadership of large console game development. Your expertise in design management and production negotiation techniques should be balanced against your creativity from a visionary level, your strong team leadership skills, and ability to manage external partners.
- Driving the business of work-for-hire console game development from a creative perspective
- Being an active champion and broadcaster of Behaviour’s development capabilities to the greater game industry
- Answering RFPs from external publishers to fill their development needs
- Be an expert in the console game market and a source of knowledge on trends and best development practises
- Owning and evangelizing the client’s game vision, key design goals, and production needs for top-tier console games based on world-class IP
- Communicating effectively with discipline leaders, game development teams, and external partners and clients
- Working directly with external publishers to ensure quality and consistency are maintained throughout the development timeframe
- Directing multiple design teams to complete their mandates while holding them to the quality bar that the client expects while not compromising schedules and budgets
- Hiring and mentoring designers across multiple console products within the studio
- Helping define and foster design family career pathways and growth within the studio
- Minimum 7+ years of experience in the games industry in a leadership role
- Participated in multiple successful launched console titles
- Demonstrable previous work in a design leadership role for one or more console games
- Ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally in spoken, written, and digital presentation form
- Expert understanding of the requirements, rules, and restrictions of each distinct console platform
- Experience in leading, managing, and mentoring teams of designers
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving, and negotiation skills
- Solid and demonstrable understanding of console game design
- Possession of a team-oriented mindset with a positive attitude
- A true passion for creating high-quality games
If you have one, please include a portfolio in your application.
Founded in 1992, Montreal-based Behaviour Interactive is one of North America’s largest independent game developers with close to 600 employees and over 70 million games sold on every platform. To date, the company’s games have reached more than 200 million players worldwide. In 2019, its most successful IP, the award-winning Dead by Daylight, celebrated 12 million players. Behaviour counts amongst its partners some of the world’s most recognized brands such as Sony, Disney, Netflix, Activision, Warner Bros, Ubisoft, Xbox Game Studios, Google, Bombardier, Wargaming, HBO, NetEase, Gaea, La Capitale, and many more. For more information: bhvr.com.