Senior Counsel - Employment & Compensation
20 days ago
Scopely is looking for a Senior Counsel - Employment & Compensation to join our Legal Team in Culver City on a hybrid basis.
At Scopely, we care deeply about what we do and want to inspire play, every day - whether in our work environments alongside our talented colleagues, or through our deep connections with our communities of players. We are a global team of game lovers who are developing, publishing and innovating the mobile games industry, connecting millions of people around the world daily.
The Legal team provides legal and business-related advice, negotiates deals, reviews and drafts contracts, administers intellectual properties, and manages acquisitions and litigation.
What You Will Do
- Provide proactive advice, counsel and strategic approaches to the business leaders and compensation team members regarding executive compensation and compensation at all levels, bonus programs, and employee benefits including equity or equity-like based long incentive programs (LTI), deferred compensation, and related matters
- Draft, review, and revise offer letters, employment and consulting agreements, and other compensation related plans and documentation across all levels within a global organization
- Be involved in all aspects of planning, design, implementation operation and termination of bonus programs, employee benefit plans and compensation arrangements
- Provide legal support and advice regarding ERISA, tax matters and other relevant laws pertaining to compensation and benefits matters
- Provide advice about issues related to employment and wage and hour laws
- Advise on, develop and implement policies, procedures, and educational materials related to employment, compensation and benefits matters
- Work in synchronous collaboration with multiple stakeholders, digesting all of the pertinent details and articulating and executing a concept to completion
What We’re Looking For
- Be actively licensed in good standing to practice law in the state of California
- Have at least 7+ years relevant experience in law firm and/or in-house counsel roles
- Experience working in a fast-paced, fast-changing working environment
- Experience advising the business in a wide array of compensation, benefits, and employment matters and disputes
- Confidence in being a first point of contact for multiple People Team Partners, Executive Budget holders and key business stakeholders
- Excellent negotiation skills and resilience in partnering with the business
- Prior in-house and M&A experience preferred
For candidates in CA, CO, NJ, NY and WA, the annual salary range is $139,600- $234,500, plus equity, bonus and benefits including healthcare benefits, retirement benefits, pet insurance, paid holidays, paid Scopely free days, and unlimited paid time-off. Base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
At Scopely, we create games for everyone - and want to ensure that the people behind our games reflect that! We are committed to creating a diverse, supportive work environment where everyone is treated with respect. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and welcome individuals from all backgrounds to join us & embrace the adventure!
Scopely is a global interactive entertainment and mobile-first video game company, home to many top, award-winning experiences such as "MONOPOLY GO!," “Star Trek™ Fleet Command,” “Stumble Guys,” “MARVEL Strike Force,” and “Yahtzee® With Buddies,” among others.
Scopely creates, publishes, and live-operates immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer™ experience across multiple platforms--from mobile, web, PC and beyond.
Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform Playgami that supports one of the most diversified portfolios in the games industry.
Recognized multiple times as one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” Scopely is a multi-billion-dollar business due to its ability to create long-lasting game experiences that players enjoy for years.
Scopely has global operations in more than a dozen markets across Asia, EMEA, and North America, and is home to many internal game development teams, referred to as Scopely Studios, with additional game studio partners across four continents.
Scopely was acquired by Savvy Games Group in July 2023 for $4.9 billion, and is now an independent subsidiary of Savvy.
For more information on Scopely, visit: scopely.com.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.