Senior Corporate Security Engineer
13 days ago
Discord is about giving people the power to create space to find belonging in their lives. Trusted by millions of people to keep their communications secure, private, and out of the hands of evildoers, security and privacy are necessary to Discord's success. We're looking for a Corporate Security Engineer to join us in protecting our employees and company data. If you are an IT specialist with a passion for security and privacy, a deep sense of curiosity, and a desire to help keep Discord employees safe from cybersecurity harm, please join us. You will report to the Workplace IT Manager.
What you'll be doing
- Strengthen and bolster our corporate security profile when it comes to corporate devices, SaaS services, and internal enterprise systems.
- Work with the internal IT team and Security Engineering team to handle and resolve escalated corporate security incidents.
- Develop best hardware security practices across all corporate and BYOD devices.
- Create and manage access controls to all corporate services and tools.
- Work with security teams, infrastructure engineering teams, and corporate departments to guide solutions.
- Work with the IT and security teams to develop security standards, policies to address our needs but also consider factors such as impact on employee productivity, effects on services and potential risks.
- Proficiency with scripting languages (bash/cmd/terminal/etc).
- Create trainings and learning opportunities for employees around corporate security topics.
- Write and document processes, policies and procedures.
What you should have
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise corporate security or similar.
- Working knowledge of access control and identity management systems.
- Experience maintaining Endpoint Protection and Response platform (Carbon Black Cloud, Crowdstrike, etc.).
- Have troubleshooting and investigative skills.
- A great sense of empathy.
- Experience working with SIEMs (Splunk, Sumo Logic, SolarWinds, etc.).
- Experience with Zero-Trust systems.
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16 paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO, use-what-you-need sick days and volunteer time off
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Generous stipends for headphones, your remote work setup, and lunch on a daily basis (while we’re all remote)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
In a world of polarization, social curation, and loneliness, Discord is working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider. We believe in the value of genuine human connection, which can so easily be lost online. So we’re building a space where everyone can find belonging from the inside out. If this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.