Senior Concept Outsource Supervisor - Diablo IV
9 days ago
Job Title:Senior Concept Outsource Supervisor - Diablo IV
We Need You
The minions of Hell are growing stronger...
If you're a highly motivated and experienced Senior level Concept Artist looking for the next step in your career as a supervisor, then come work with us and help us build something extraordinary..
Our team of highly skilled developers is growing. Our backgrounds are diverse, but we all share a real passion for what we do. We believe that if you’re looking for a tight-knit crew that celebrates self-expression and embraces collaboration, we will be a phenomenal fit for you.
Oh, also, you really like killing demons and getting loot, right?
Stuff We Will Trust You With
Be a force multiplier with your legendary creativity and cunning eye for detail. Do you geek out on pipelines, communication, process, relationships, feedback, and all other things connected to successful outsourcing of game art assets? This job is about running our external and internal communications, ensuring everything runs smoothly, and getting our outsourced assets into a "game ready" state. We're looking for an extraordinarily dedicated person to come spend some quality time in Sanctuary and descend into the deep dark dungeons of Diablo with us! Your experience in handling character art production will help make us all better at making a lot of gorgeous content.
Your responsibilities will range from crafting briefs and managing planning documents to tweaking incoming assets for the Diablo world to make them look as amazing as possible. You’ll also be providing timely, precise, and constructive feedback to our external partners to ensure their work is consistently on target.
Work alongside Leads and Art Directors to collaborate and share a vision of creating the next iteration of a game industry defining franchise.
This role can be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The potential home studios could be Albany, NY, Austin, TX or Irvine, CA, however this position is also remote eligible.
Stuff You Are Familiar With
You may wonder what it will take to be successful in this role. Manage communication, provided feedback to artists, and helped maintain a strong creative relationship between external and internal art teams.
- Generated detailed documentation including style guides, creative briefs, and reference images to support external vendors.
- Owned the quality control over incoming art assets.
- Coordinated with the outsource manager to schedule and track incoming assets.
- Excellent illustration skills and deep understanding of human / creature anatomy, color theory, values, form, shape language and silhouette
- Shipped AAA PC or console title(s) as a concept artist
And Yeah, You Will Need These Things To Apply
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant skills. Only online work submissions, please. (e.g. website, blog or online album).
- Willingness to complete a test if requested to do so.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $80,800.00 - $149,400.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.